“Great Value”

Knights Inn Orillia
Ranked #8 of 14 Hotels in Orillia
Reviewed 7 May 2013

Great value, quality hotel in nice area, close to downtown and water front. Spacious room with mini fridge, micro wave and newer TV. Very clean room...Hotel front deck staff were very friendly. There is no pool or fitness room I could see. Close to fishing, and Casino Rama.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Pyrviewsolan
knightsinnorillia, Manager at Knights Inn Orillia, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2013

Thank you very much for your comments. Our goal is to maintain consistency in our standards. By receiving such kind comments we feel great pride and accomplishment in serving all our Knights inn guests. We will continue to strive to provide excellent service and comfortable accommodations. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 30 April 2013

We stayed one night at this hotel because we attended a concert at Casino Rama. It was reasonably priced, very clean and the bed was comfortable. The furniture was fairly new and actually matched. Our only complaint is the same as the other hotels who serve a continental breakfast...the dining area is always too small. We will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 January 2013

My husband and I stayed here overnight while attending a function at Casino Rama. The hotel was easy to find. The check-in and check-out was easy and fast. The staff were friendly and polite.
Our 2nd floor room was clean, bright, quiet, and comfortable. It had a nice flat screen TV, good microwave and small fridge. Free internet was great as well. The heater was not on when we first checked in (so it was pretty cold being January), but the room warmed up quickly.
They offer free continental breakfast - the food was good, but the selection was standard.
We will consider going back to this hotel again the next time we're in Orillia.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 January 2013

I stayed at the hotel twice this week, The rooms as spartan, but have all the basics, including microwaves and fridges. Beds are decent and the rooms a very clean. breakfast in the morning is basic, but better than another Knights Inn that I stayed in: Coffee, tea, juices, cereal, toast and toaster waffles are your options. The coffee was actually pretty decent.

Second stay was similar to the first, except that the first room they put me in smelled lightly of smoke so the moved me to an upgraded Jacuzzi room for no extra charge.

The hotel is in a light industrial area, but seems safe enough and it is within five minutes of restaurants or 10 minutes from the area malls. Will come back.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 September 2012

My ground floor, next to the lobby room was not fancy, but clean, quiet and comfortable. Good tv, newer a/c, standard value breakfast included. Internet signal was strong. The hotel is a 2min car ride to the main street or 3-4 mins by bike. Easy access to the kms of fantastic bike trails along the waterfront or along the Uhthoff trail to Coldwater. $25 cab ride to casino from Hotel. Very good value and a pleasant stay.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank RUSS H
Reviewed 1 September 2012

I stayed here for 5 nights while attending some business purpose. The location of the hotel is extremely convenient.My check-in was perfect... Actually arrived at 2PM and fully expected my room not to be ready, but there was one available and I was able to check in immediately. The manager was super friendly and helpful, They helped me find a currency exchange in a nearby bank, because they told me I would get a better rate at a bank rather than there in the nearby exchange place How honest is that?? I even ran into some cleaning staff in the  and they were super friendly as well! My room was right near the stairs and yet I never heard one peep. The doors must be totally sound proof or something, since I would never know I was near the stairs  unless I opened my door.

There was a free breakfast every morning, which included things like waffles, cereal, milk, coffee & tea, jellys, jams, etc... I couldn't believe it was all complimentary!! You could even take whatever you wanted up to your room. So awesome to know you have a free breakfast waiting when you wake upThe rooms also have free wi-fi.  I found this amenity very useful since I'm from the states and was communicating with friends & family mostly via online rather than rack up roaming charges on my cell phone.  My room was also always spotless and clean. I really cannot say enough about this place, I HIGHLY recommend staying here and have never written a hotel review before this, but I had to for this one due to my great stay.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Sheen989
Reviewed 1 September 2012

The manager was very polite and helpful. Even call a taxi for us. He gave us good advice for the food. Rooms were very well decorated and beautifully done. The linens and the room were very fresh. washroom was very clean. The rooms were quite and the Internet was fast. My kids enjoyed the T.V very much. My overall experience was very great and worth money paying. I will recommend Knights Inn Orillia to all my friends.

Room Tip: Try to book for east side of the building the parking is closer and entrance from the back.