“Disgusted my Hotel Staff Member”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Bayview Inn

Bayview Inn
Ranked #10 of 14 Hotels in Orillia
Collingwood, Canada
“Disgusted my Hotel Staff Member”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2012

I called the hotel directly to book a reservation last month and was quoted $60 for a 1 night stay for February 11/2012. I then called today February 1/2012 to confirm my reservation as I was told when booking that it was not possible to pay immediately???? Nor was your Hotel able to email me a confirmation???? This is very un-heard of as I provided the staff member with my Visa number and would think a confirmation would be available. As I waited a good couple minutes to find out if the staff member could find my reservation he then came back and informed me that the price was not $60 as I was told but actually $89.

I proceeded to say to the gentleman since he was who I talked to the first time I booked my reservation, he himself quoted me $60….not $89. He proceeded to tell me that for a week night stay $60 and weekend was $89. He was nice at first trying to explain the pricing but quickly got aggressive and agitated as I told him he quoted me wrong, very unprofessional. Top make matters worse when I then decided not to stay with Bayview Hotel anymore when I called back to cancel the staff member said there is no confirmation number of cancellation (even though I provided you with my Visa number) and he said firmly "Your reservation is cancelled" and HUNG UP the phone on me….this is not how your staff should treat customers.

We were very excited to stay at this Hotel and will now be staying somewhere else and will be NOT recommending this Hotel to anyone.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Terrilyn S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
  • Hebrew first
London, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2011

Website and sign out front advertise shuttle to casino. Once checked in and inquired about the shuttle were told that it only ran on certain nights, so had to pay for a cab ride. Requested a smoking room and upon checking in were told that there were none there. We were told to smoke on the balcony, which my husband did (with the motel room door open). Received credit card bill and were charged $150.00 for smoking in the room and when I called to inquire why we were charged the$150 and what it was for I was told that we smoked in the room and burned a hole in the bedspread!!! Yeah right, what a scam!! Shady owner so beware.

Room Tip: Dont stay here
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Samuel S

Travellers are raving about these Orillia hotels

Mississauga, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2011

Booked this place as it was cheap and well located for our one night stay.
Fridge, microwave, Toshiba LCD TV, towels, soap, shampoo.
No coffee or hairdryer.
Very clean overall. Tub was acrylic surround that was fairly fresh. Sink and toilet were in good condition.
Place was much more like an older motel that has been kept up reasonable well.
Very thin walls. VERY noisy heating unit under the window. Fairly new, but the fan noise was very high and it was working normally. Hard to sleep when the fan kept coming on every 20 min.
First room had a smokey smell, so we changed to another. We suspect that at this price, some patrons don't have respect for others, so they think smoking is OK.
Bed was average for a hotel, fairly hard.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Elwin133
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2011

This motel is a cheap alternative to the hotel at Casino Rama & I found it very comfortable. The bed was excellent & the room was equipped with a mini-fridge, microwave, flat screen TV & a/c. The owner was one of the most friendliest people I have ever met & I would definitely stay here again. But remember this is a 1 1/2 star motel so do not expect the Ritz. Worth the price & proximity to Casino Rama (you will need a car to go back & forth).

• Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank voyagenow
Lebanon, New Hampshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2011

very clean,comfortable and affordable
stayed at bayview inn for 2 nights and loved it. the room was very clean with very comfortable bed, nice lcd tv.fridge and microwave.staff was very friendly and helpful. .we would definately stay here again whenever we visit the area .we 'd highly recommend this place to everyone who is looking for clean ,comfortable and reasonably priced hotel.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Hemey
Elmwood
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2011

I was a little apprehensive to stay here after some of the reviews but we found our room to be clean, the bed comfortable and the motel well located. I booked online without any issues. I was able to confirm over the phone the day before and once checked in they even called the room to make sure everything was ok.

It is a five minute drive to Casino Rama and there is a shuttle avaiable from 5pm - 2am. We did not have to pay the high prices of the other motels either.

Don't read too much into the negative reviews on here. It is not a five star but it is clean and comfortable.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank bellefemme77
Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2011

I stayed at this hotel for the maraposa folk festival with my neice for 3 nights. Room was never cleaned by staff, charged premium rates while the festival was on. Wanted to charge extra for a guide dog, which is illegal in this province. The owners were extremely rude, condescending, not helpful to me as a person with vision loss. I would not recommed this hotel for a dog let alone a human!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank galtravellers
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orillia
Econo Lodge
#7 of 14 in Orillia
Best Western Plus Orillia Hotel
Days Inn - Orillia
BEST WESTERN PLUS Mariposa Inn & Conference Centre

Been to Bayview Inn? Share your experiences!