“Good Thai, Good Buy”

Cuisines: Asian
Kingston, Canada
“Good Thai, Good Buy”
Reviewed 4 July 2014

Have eaten here a few times since they reopened, most recently today at lunch. Thai food is scarce in cottage country, good thai food at a good price even more scarce. I have tried different dishes each time I have been to Viet Thai and each has been excellent. The ingedients are so fresh and the flavours amazing! They don't seem to mind special requests either so just ask. This is a really refreshing change from the gouging for mediocre food that occurs just a bit father north when you get to Muskoka.

• Visited July 2014

Coldwater, Canada
“Viet & Thai Orillia- The best ever!”
Reviewed 14 June 2014

My husband and I stopped in at the Viet & Thai Restaurant in Orillia at 2 Front St. and what a surprise. The meal surpassed my expectations by far. We had the #!,#21 & #31. The Saigon Spring rolls were so good, we wished we would have ordered more. The rice and vermicilli dishes were beyond any descriptive wording that I could find. The owner and employees were professional and provided excellent service. If you are looking for real Viet & Thai food that is super fresh and extremely tasty in a nice, clean atmosphere, don't go by this restaurant without stopping in for a meal of a lifetime. They also have take out which I probably will do next week some time. Wonderful way to spend and afternoon and money very well spent. Prices are excellent. Ted and Barb Boothe, Coldwater Ontario. We will be back!

• Visited June 2014
A TripAdvisor Member
“Wow wow wow”
Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

Great food and service with a smile. Had #27 while my guest had the Singapore vermicelli. Tasteful and reasonably priced. Decor much improved since the fire.

Barrie, Canada
“Toronto quality in Orillia....”
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Vietnamese food is my favourite. When we moved from Toronto to between Barrie and Orillia giving up my favourite food was one of the biggest downside to the move. Now that I have found Viet & Thai...life is good.
Just in there today and the place has been totally redone and looks wonderful. The service is fast and very friendly. They know us by sight and what we regularly order.
I love a number 27. My favourite meal in the world. I have been to Vietnam and had a number 27 there and felt the meal at Viet & Thai was better.
Has been a pleasure watching their beautiful little girl develop. They are able to run a thriving business and be devoted parents. My hat off to you both.
We are back as often as we can.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank 51pen
Toronto, Canada
“Can't go wrong”
Reviewed 1 January 2014 via mobile

We frequent this fantastic eatery at least once a week. Ambience is marginal - drafty on a cold day and the toddler is a distraction. But the quality and food is excellent. Spring rolls, no. 3 combo and 27 on the menu a must have. Pho could use a bit more beef but at $6.95 what to expect ? Complained about the scarce number of chicken in the curry dish and the owner doubled it on our next visit. Much superior to the other Thai restaurant in town - except te other place have more updated settings.