Best Western Plus Mariposa Inn & Conference Centre
US$129
Stone Gate Inn(Orillia)(Great Value!)
US$109
Comfort Inn(Orillia)(Great Value!)
US$119
US$96
TripAdvisor
All reviewsfront deskolive restaurantgetaway packagewedding plannerhot tubhotel stayboat cruisehockey teamlocation was perfecthotel restaurantpool areabeds were comfortableopera housestayed one nightlots of parkingfitness roomonsite restaurant
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 June 2013

we have stayed at the best western in Niagara on the lake and in barrie both were excellent this year we stayed at bw barrie for two nights we were upgraded because this time we had a hot tub in the room. Wednesday night we stayed at Orillia the only problem after checking in we had to leave the front door and walked 30 feet to another door and climb 14 stairs to the second landing . it is a two story building and this is the only way up, at checkin we received a voucher for the breakfast, the other bw were an buffet breakfast all you can eat.. this restaurant was a menue breakfast as it was open to the general public there was a section you can order from otherwise the voucher only paid $6,00 towards the meal. the meal was very good with plenty of food on the plate .where Orillia stood above the other bw's this one has a large grassed area with tables and chairs for the guests to enjoy. if your are doing the casinos it is a good spot to stay as you are only 20 minutes from rama and about 45 minutes to barrie casino all on hwy 12 and 400 south just follow the signs south of barrie I would highly recomed the best western in Orillia it is easy to get to follow hwy 12 north towards Orillia and take the left turn towards barrie turn left at the lights to memoriall drive from the 400 exit to Orillia at turn right at memorial drive

Room Tip: pick your room and enjoy your stay
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
CraigMusil, General Manager at Best Western Plus Mariposa Inn & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2013

Thank you for your comments concerning your stay at the Best Western Plus Mariposa Inn. Your feedback is very much appreciated since it helps us improve our services for future guests. We appreciate your patronage and hope you will stay with us again the next time you are in the Orillia area.

Reviewed 17 June 2013

I was part of a group organizing a special celebration banquet in honor of a prominent community member. Mariposa Inn was our chosen venue, and we were very pleased with the helpful service and high standards provided. The staff at every level were very attentive to our needs, and accessible throughout the evening to assist with last-minute details. The meal was delicious, and efficiently served. The courtesy and professionalism of the staff really contributed to a highly successful evening. Many thanks to Andrea, Kandace, Steve and their staff.
Nancy H

Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Nancy H

Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your experience with our Conference Centre. We really appreciate the great comments and we are delighted to get some feedback with our Meeting Space. I am passing on your comments to all our staff, knowing that it will serve as an inspiration to our staff to continue their efforts. Thanks again, we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 9 June 2013

I stayed for just one night. The staff was really very friendly and helpful. Location is very convenient. But here's why it only gets an average rating from me. When we got into our room, it was pretty well nice and clean but the garbage can in the washroom was full of the last guests garbage. Kinda gross. The toilet kept running and we had to keep jiggling the knob to get it to stop. The lock on the washroom door was not working and we could hear the conversation in the room next to us and they weren't yelling or anything. I would still stay here again, I'm hoping I just had a bit of bad luck this time.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
CraigMusil, General Manager at Best Western Plus Mariposa Inn & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2013

Thank you so much for letting us know about your experience. We appreciate the feedback good or bad. I was very disappointed to read about your stay. That is not up to our high standards and I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you. If you wouldn't mind I would like for you to contact me so I can investigate this further. Thanks again for your comments and I do hope to see you again.

Reviewed 21 May 2013

Very friendly staff, clean room, hot tub, sauna and pool was great. Lots of towels. The attached restaurant was good. We had breakfast there and it was a lovely start for our day. I'd definitely go there again. It is handy to the major highway and restaurants and downtown is not far away at all.

Room Tip: Our room was half way down the hall, ground floor and didn't have any problems ! Close to the pool, sauna and hot tub..... yet far enough away from the front door traffic.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Tim M
CraigMusil, General Manager at Best Western Plus Mariposa Inn & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2013

Thank you for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us and our restaurant too! Please do stay with us again when you are in the Orillia area.

Reviewed 8 May 2013

Visited the Mariposa Inn for the CFUW annual banquet last night.As teetotalers we were pleased the price for soft drinks at the bar was only $1.25.Dinner was very well served, there were speeches made between courses and the staff coped well with the plating and serving. I think there is a new chef, the food was good - some thought the salad was not dressed but it was misted and nice. Good beef and vegetables, ample in quantity and nicely done.A nice large desert. The meat was a little tough for some but we are blessed with good teeth..

Room Tip: We were in the banquet room. The Grape and Olive is their public restaurant, fairly pricey for Orillia I think but we have no hesitation in sending our guests there from our B&B. The amenities are first class and the staff is nice. If it were my business I would put a hedge along between the main road and the parking.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank The_Bystander
CraigMusil, General Manager at Best Western Plus Mariposa Inn & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2013

Thank you so much for writing about our banquet services in the conference centre. I just wanted you to know that we truly enjoyed working with your group and feel honored to be your chosen vendor for CFUW annual banquet. Thank you for your comments. We hope to serve your group again next year.