“Great customer service”

Highwayman Inn & Conference Centre
Ranked #11 of 14 Hotels in Orillia
Reviewed 29 May 2014

We stayed for a few days in May and were very pleased. The hotel staff that I spoke with (Sandra and Sara) were so incredibly helpful and accommodating. The pool was great and the breakfast was delicious. We will certainly stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
HighwaymanOrillia, Manager at Highwayman Inn & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Dear CathyM,

We are thrilled you had a wonderful time at our hotel,and were able to enjoy the amenities we have to offer. It is our pleasure to make sure all of our guests feel special and have a great time. We truly hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed 7 May 2014

The room was clean and pleasant; the doors open for fresh air, which was amazing and felt wonderful. The pool and hot tub area were lots of fun and well kept. McCabe's restaurant, where breakfast is held, is pretty good - they make a terrific Bloody Caesar and were able to give me an equally terrific Virgin Caesar with a tasty breakfast.

The hotel was having a serious problem with the snow melting when we checked in; all the rooms that had outdoor entrances on the ground floor were more or less blocked by ice and puddles. The front desk people worked hard to make us happy and gave us an upgrade for the troubles we had finding an accessible room.

I stayed there more than 20 years ago and wanted to return for a trip down memory lane - I was not disappointed.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us. We are delighted to hear your enjoyed your stay and that our team delivered on the friendly and attentive service we pride ourselves on. I am happy to hear you enjoyed our pool, and onsite restaurant McCabes.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Highwayman Inn on your return visits to Orilllia, ON.

Reviewed 3 May 2014

I had come across this hotel by chance we got off the highway and turned into this hotel in the middle of the day. I had a crew of 13 guys with me, the hotel was large enough to accommodate us on such a short notice. The Rate was very fair for a corporate stay The girls at the front desk were very friendly and helpful. First the room was large enough to have 2 guys and all of our gear with plenty of room to walk around. The hotel had so much to offer all my staff, pool and restaurant/lounge on the premises. The restaurant offered us a hot breakfast (free Monday-Friday discount on sat-sun) our entire stay as well as a discount on our dinner. It was nice to not have to drive all over after a long day of work. The hotel staff was very friendly we had no problems with the maid service rooms were cleaned every day, this was one of the better stays away from home will be returning and I would recommend this hotel to any company that is away from home.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Shane M

Dear ShaneM,

Thank you you taking the time to review our property. We are pleased to know that our location suited you and your crew well. We pride ourselves on the great valued rates we offer to all of our travelers.

We look forward to being your choice hotel while in Orillia for future business.

Reviewed 11 April 2014

Last year the family and I stayed at the Highwayman inn we had a good experience the last time and decided to return again. The rate is a great price for all that the hotel offers the kids love the swimming pool and we loved the hot tub. First thing I noticed was that there had been new furniture and bedding. What a nice refresh from our last stay, room was also very clean. The Hotel staff was exceptionally tentative and very friendly, we loved the calls to our room to see if we needed anything after checking in. My family loved the hot complimentary breakfast in the morning it’s all on site so there was no need to get up and go. The McCabes staff was great and food service was wonderful. Will defiantly be returning again can’t go wrong staying at this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Mellissa D
Reviewed 29 March 2014

We had stayed at this hotel a few times over the past few years. When I was making the reservation I phoned two days prior to make sure there were no hockey teams booked in as we wanted a quiet weekend. I was assured there were no teams booked in for the night of March 28. We arrived at the hotel and noticed a large bus in the parking lot. When we first checked in we were treated very well. The girl was extremely pleasant. I asked if there were any hockey teams there. We were told yes there was! I told them that I specifically asked about this when booking as we had bad experiences at other hotels where there were teams booked. The lady at the desk assured us that the families of the team were all on the same floor - 3rd floor. We were booked into the 2nd floor. We settled into our room and noticed right away that it was not very clean...especially the bathroom. We decided to go for a swim. The hot tub was not hot and had a lot of foam and the sauna did not heat up. We met two men in the hallway that informed us that they were with the hockey team and had four rooms on our floor. They just wanted to warn us which we appreciated. I went to the desk and there was a different lady on. I explained the situation and asked to be moved. She was very unfriendly and wasn't going to move us. First she said that the team families were all over the hotel and after having to argue with her she said that none were on the 3rd floor which the first gal originally told us that is where all the families were staying. After approx. 30 minutes we were given keys to a new room....on the 3rd floor. We moved all of our things and settled in. Once again the room was not very clean....especially the bathroom. A lot of hair on the floor! Since we were going out for the evening we decided to make the best out of a bad situation. In the morning we went for breakfast at the hotel restaurant. The serving staff was exceptionally pleasant however most of the buffet food was cold. We will not be staying at this hotel again! We learned that the hotel is under new management and that there were a lot of cutbacks which were certainly visible! Yes we will not be staying there again!!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Peter M
HighwaymanOrillia, Manager at Highwayman Inn & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

Thank you for your review. I understand that you may have experienced some disruption to your peaceful enjoyment of our hotel as a result of noise. I do apologize that we did not meet with your expectations. Our Guest Services Manager will reach out to you to obtain any additional information that you may feel relevant so that we can address this matter to your satisfaction.

It is my hope that after speaking to each other, you will be able to give us another opportunity to prove what excellent customer service we can provide.

Reviewed 28 March 2014

I stayed at this hotel using the Hospital Rate due to being in Orillia to care for a family member in the hospital and they were extremely helpful, friendly and efficient. Our room was clean and comfortable, and large, they have all necessary amenities. Free wifi, free coffee, and complimentary breakfast.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank SusanRed
Reviewed 19 February 2014

Probably the worst hotel we have ever stayed at! Where do I start? The bugs in the bathroom or the smell of marijuana in the halls? No wait maybe it was the fights in the hallway or the police knocking on the door across the hall . Maybe it was the manager giving us a discount for all the problems we had and then changing her mind and refusing to talk to us. I would rather stay anywhere else!

Room Tip: Go elsewhere
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Lynnette B

Thank you for sharing your feedback. The Highwayman Inn promise has always been the same: To give our guests what they need for a comfortable stay, treat them like we would like to be treated, and do it all for a reasonable price.

Please accept my sincerest apology for the disappointment you felt with respect to your recent stay at The Highwayman Inn. We aim to demonstrate the greatest attention to detail and an exceptionally clean room is a part of that focus. It concerns me greatly that you have departed us with a negative impression. Clearly the degree of oversight that you describe is unacceptable and not reflective of our standard practices in this regard.

We greatly appreciate your business. Please feel free to reach out to me personally anytime that I can be of assistance to you.