“Excellent Staff”

Ranked #12 of 14 Hotels in Orillia
Corbeil, Canada
“Excellent Staff”
Reviewed 10 October 2011

When booking my room I mentioned that it was our Anniversary and the girl upgraded us to a room with a Hot tub. It was so nice!!! The rooms was clean and the staff were very polite, and always smiling. We have stayed here before and I recognized one of the girls from our stay the last time, and she was telling me that she has worked here for 14 years. That says something!!! The location is great, within walking distance to lots of restaurants and just a short drive to the main shopping centers.
We will definately be staying here again. Thank you so much for making our Anniversary special.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Callander, Canada
Reviewed 3 October 2011

I had a trip to Orillia on Sept. 17 2011. I went on line to book hotel. Everything went as planned. Got a fair room at a fair price.
However I had a couple of complaints Broken bed, couldn't plug microwave in, light switch broken. I called the desk at about 11:30 when we went to go to bed and told the girl the bed was broken and the girl told me she be up to check the bed. At 1:30 a.m. she still hadn't come up to the room. I slept on a broken bed and scratched my leg on a piece of steel on the side of the bed. She took my phone # and address in the morn and said the manager would call me about the complaints I had, because I had booked on line and not through hotel itself is now Oct. 3 and I haven't heard from the manager yet. What do I do now

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends

Travellers are raving about these Orillia hotels

London, Canada
Reviewed 30 September 2011

I stayed at the econo lodge for about two and a hafe months for work. the rooms are basic but the front desk staff are vary friendly like to joke around, make you feel like your not far from home so that makes up for the basic rooms. the free breakfast could be better but vary good staff, "no name"

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 12 September 2011

My wife and I stayed at the Econo Lodge in Orillia while in town for a show at the Casino Rama. Nothing fancy but clean and with friendly service. Continental breakfast is included. Good value for the money.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank kbectraveller
Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 10 September 2011

We go to concerts at the casino and this is the 2nd time we have stayed here. We just stayed a few nights ago and it was clean....no bugs or hairs. Had a mini fridge and microwave which was nice. The alarm clock didnt work but we had our cells for an alarm. Booked 2 queen beds and the beds were doubles. I am not sure if they even have queen beds but that was an option on the booking. They offer a shuttle bus to casino for the concerts which is nice. We had a drive up room but the key would not work so we still had to go inside to the other door to unlock. It was quiet, close to food. Staff was friendly. Would stay again. If you aren't looking for a 5 star stay, this will do the trick for a night or two.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank kth2011
Toronto
Reviewed 2 September 2011

My husband and daughter were in Orillia for a weekend to visit the beach. In an attempt to keep the trip low-cost, we chose to stay at the Econo Lodge Orillia. This hotel provided the basic necessities for us, but wasn't especially clean.

We had a non-smoking room with a king-sized bed. The room was fairly large with plenty of space for all the luggage that accompanies a family travelling with a toddler.

When I pulled back the blankets on the bed, I couldn't quite tell if the bedding was fresh. The pillow cases were wrinkly, there was a hair that didn't belong to us, and my daughter found a little chunk of unidentified matter under the sheets (it looked like a booger - yuck!). Since we checked in late and most hotels were all booked up that weekend, we decided to stay despite the uncertainty of the room's cleanliness.

Because we had been at the beach during the day, I wanted to give my daughter a bath. I chose to wash the bathtub before using it and I'm glad I did. While I was cleaning it, I could feel soap scum on the side of the tub. It seems that the housekeeping staff don't scrub the tubs very well, if at all.

The shower head had good water pressure, but the water temperature from both the shower and the sink faucet fluctuated a lot. The water would get really hot sometimes, so we had to be careful to use cool water when washing our daughter's hands in the sink.

Something weird we discovered in the bathroom was the roll of toilet paper. Part way into the roll, we found a big strip of red duct tape! It looked like the hotel had wound together two partial rolls of toilet paper.

The TV in the room was an old CRT with a slightly melted remote control (perhaps from a cigarette burn?) that was missing its back cover. The batteries were held in with tape. It worked sufficiently for us to tune in to a kid's show to distract the little one.

There was a single sofa chair in the room (i.e., no sofa you could lie down on) and a desk with a wooden chair. The WiFi seemed to work fine.

The mini-kitchen area had a fridge, microwave and small coffee maker, all housed in a cabinet of sorts that had a small counter top. This was good enough for me to prepare snacks on for my family.

It was a bit warm that day, so we decided to run the air conditioner unit for a while. This was a big mistake! I'm not sure if the air blowing from the A/C kicked up dust or mold in the room, or it it sucked pollen in from outside, but both my husband and I started to get really stuffy, runny noses. Luckily, our daughter was not affected. We turned off the A/C and eventually my husband felt better, but I still had trouble breathing (I have a strong allergy to mold and some pollens). I was so congested that I had trouble sleeping that night and had to leave the room at 2 a.m. to get some fresh air. I sat in the lobby for about 45 minutes until my sinuses cleared.

In terms of comfort, I think the bed was OK. It felt a bit firm and the pillows were a bit flat, but the room was quiet, so I guess most people would sleep all right.

The next morning, we went to the breakfast room (open from 6 a.m. to 10 a.m.) to see what was available. The room had a bunch of tables and chairs, and a TV running CP24 (news). In terms of food, there was bread (white & whole wheat), bagels, donuts, cream cheese, peanut butter, jam, bananas, coffee and juice. The food looked OK, so we decided to take a seat and have a bite to eat.

When we first arrived (just before 8 a.m.), the room was empty, but it filled up pretty quickly about half an hour after that. I saw a staff member come in at some point to brew more coffee and refill some of the bread. I guess if you arrive for breakfast closer to 10 a.m., it's possible the food will have run out by then.

Overall, I'd say the Econo Lodge Orillia would suffice in a pinch, but we probably won't be back if we can help it!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank wrinkly_raisin
Sabiya, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, 3 September 2011
Dear Guest

Thank you for your recent feedback after your stay with us at Econolodge Orillia. I am very sad to hear that our service was less than satisfactory and on behalf of our staff & the management please accept our sincerest apologies.

Guest satisfaction is a priority for us and as a token of our regret and deep appreciation for your patronage I would like offer you a Free Night for your next stay. Please call us at our tollfree 1-877-326-6534 or you can call me directly at 416-854-2094

Once again, please accept our apologies for the inconvenience that was caused to you. It is our earnest hope that you will visit Econolodge Orillia again in the near future and give us the opportunity to provide you with the service and hospitality that we are known for.

Mebs Ladha
Kensington Hospitality Inc
1-877-326-6534
1-416-854-2094
mebsladha@kensingtonhospitality.com
Saint Thomas, Canada
Reviewed 29 August 2011

When I booked this hotel online, one of the other families went on Tripadvisor and was quick to tell me about all the bad reviews. Of course I was concerned!! No one wants to stay in a skanky dive lol
The hotel was easy to get to...the rooms clean (but you may wanna update your decor...lol)...but the customer service was (and IS) fantastic! We were travelling with a bunch of teenage boys who immediately made friends with Louise at the front desk. She was awesome with them...let them rattle on about all their teenage stuff and was super friendly. And helpful?? WOW! I have been in touch with her throughout the past year to book rooms for this September and she has been nothing less than super helpful and accommodating! I HIGHLY recommend staying here!!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with family