“Devine”

Era 67 Restaurant & Lounge
Ranked #3 of 162 Restaurants in Orillia
Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Our team is proud to present Era 67 Restaurant & Lounge, nestled in the heritage district of downtown Orillia, Ontario. We are located at 64 Mississauga Street West, within walking distance of the historic Orillia Opera House, charming boutiques, and the Port of Orillia. Also in close proximity to Casino Rama.The inspiration of our name is derived from the Era of 1867, when citizens from all walks of life joined together to create Canada - a bold new country built on hope, faith and hard work. We believe in the same values today. Through personal experience and travels, our culinary team and their families are well aware of our enriched land's one-of-a-kind flavours and its bountiful produce. They also truly appreciate the amazing tastes and aromas our country has to offer.Our award winning Executive Chef, Rachel Hobbs, harvests only the freshest proteins and ingredients to create her signature dishes. Blending old world cooking knowledge with modern culinary techniques, our menu represents the best of this great land, from delicious British Columbia salmon to tantalizing Alberta beef and succulent P.E.I mussels.Displaying a wonderful heritage feel, Era 67 is a celebration of Canada's finest foods, coupled with impeccable service and a warm ambiance. Whether planning a night on the town or a quiet intimate meal, from the moment you arrive we guarantee an unforgettable dining experience . . . because that's what true north friends do for one another.
Reviewed 16 July 2013

Guaranteed an amazing meal every time you go. Whether it's the lunch trio special (which I can never resist) or a full dinner...the food is absolutely gourmand!

2  Thank jstead

Reviewed 13 July 2013

The risotto was absolutely delicious, my boyfriend had this but I ended up sharing with him (whether he liked it or not!) and taking my meal home for the next day! Decent wine list. Hospitable host. Great musician! Will be back!

2  Thank CherieChloe
Reviewed 8 July 2013

took a friend this past saturday, he had the clubhouse ..very unique on marble bread..I had the beef dip with crisp onions, ..very good nice dipping sauce enjoyed it. My 5th visit for lunch haven't made dinner yet. We both enjoyed it a lot.

Two things Im not fond of here..the fries..too thick cut too dark brown not crisp but mushy..almost like they are cooked then reheated..did not enjoy them..and secondly..All you chefy types.......WE ARE NOT IN LOVE WITH SPRING MIX SALAD..ITS SUCKS!..I'm pining for just a regular old chef salad ..you know ...iceberg lettuce, tomato, cucumber, onion, maybe some diced radish.....get off this dam spring mix bandwagon...most of us hate it! lol!

2  Thank thephoenixrisesagain
Reviewed 2 July 2013

They told me to change my review because I was not allowed "hear say" information so here it goes minus a lot of other stuff I had originally written....

I felt I should try it once since I am a foodie and the reviews were high at times on this site. I will start with my dinner,...The special for the day,..prime rib, Yorkshire pudding and baked potato,..OK, it could be good. I find there are rare places to get a good steak,..prime rib and Yorkshire is so classic,..I was so wrong. Tell me, who makes prime rib without gravy for the Yorkshire,.. what is the point of eating a prune looking piece of dry pastry? Instead of gravy you got peppercorn sauce with a lot of peppers. It may work for a steak, and it was really spicy but REALLY? and I like spicy. Dry baked potato with only sour cream,...there is no way I was getting butter out of the server ,..she was a bit mixed up,....the horseradish freshly shaved off the root with absolutely no spice? was it a radish or some other white veggie shaved to look like a horseradish?? Too spicy a lot of fat but a big cut. The beef was Ok on it's own. The meal came with dessert,...I took the special that also included salad. Cheesecake I was told. At the end, I asked for dessert to go since I felt my anniversary dinner was a little sad,....oh how sad it was to see this expensive meal ( I had already paid for before getting my "to go" box) with with a butter tart in it,..a couple berries put in beside it to say "hey this is something special?!!" M
My at this point better half's meal..... try something different we thought,...sweet potato soup with ale and aged cheddar. Barely edible,..half seemed like beer, could not taste potato,....and a pungent smell of dirty feet I am presuming was the cheese. A very odd combination too strong in taste and smell. Too harsh or even smelling like it was bad. I could not eat it. Here main dish,..leg of lamb and risotto,....I swear it had the same beer in it or was it bad also?

After looking at the menu again, much of it had beer and old cheddar or oddities in all the foods. The server when handing the menu to me said "it may read confusing but it isn't as bad as you think". Funny thing to say,...but the menu was also over done!

For sure, everything was over done with the place trying to be what it was not. Just because you mix a bunch of funky ingredients together it does not mean it will taste good. Maybe if you put less, it may be more. Taste your food once in awhile to see if the amounts were wrong? Maybe it was MAYBE one of those places where the cook and the owner is one and the same so what he says goes? I don't know but something was wrong. The server not informed and I felt that this was not her full time job,..small mistakes, not knowing the menu, talking a bit down to another customer, talking a bit down to the menu, slow, not refreshing any water,..not coming by really at all? It was just sad.

What else can I say? Ok I will find something,..... the tables laid out a bit odd and being put so close to another couple when there were 15 other tables available and larger,.... flowers put on little table big enough that I could hide behind,... They could use a bit more of a wine menu especially for the "by the glass" or "half litres". Other than that $150 bucks for a crappy meal that SHOULD of, and maybe at times is good but for that kind of money it better be good all the time. Today it was not good.

3  Thank Rockiroads
Era67Restaurant, Owner at Era 67 Restaurant & Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2013

Dear Rockiroads,

Thank you for taking the time to write your comments however, I must say that this would be the first time we have ever received such intensified comments pertaining to a guests experience. Our clientèle and guests who continue to return to Era 67, know that my husband and I are extremely passionate about this industry and put nothing less than 110% efforts and energy into our loving restaurant. We would do almost anything for a guest if we had made any error on our part to redeem ourselves in any way we can. I completely understand that we have "off" days and this is where we very much value the idea of constructive criticism. Unfortunately your review falls short of this.
We also very much value openness and honesty, if you are not fond of something, please let me know, let the Supervisor on duty know, let the server know, this is our opportunity in the restaurant business to make it just right for you and the rest of our guests. We will accommodate any request. After-all, the reason we are in this business is to satisfy all of our guests and share our love for food with everyone. We absolutely have home-made 'Au Jus' in our restaurant at all times, we would have been thrilled to substitute that out for your peppercorn sauce that was offered that evening. Or any other substitution that would be of interest for you if you would have asked. Or even simple things like, 'moving flowers to another table or area'. When you ask, you shall receive.
Unfortunately you will never know how much we love serving and watching guests smile at our restaurant, this is the true beauty of our business. I can only ask, that in future, before you make another review on Trip Advisor as a foodie, you appreciate that there are many in this industry that wear their heart on their sleeve, work hundreds of hours, make thousands of sacrifices all for the joy of serving our community and guests from all around. Please, just do one simple thing, offer constructive criticism.

Sarah Valiquette-Thompson
Owner/General Manager
705-259-1867
sarahvaliquette@era67.com

Reviewed 24 June 2013

Attended a retirement party here on Saturday. Great place to gather and enjoy good food and entertainment. Not your ordinary run of the mill food but actually a true work of art.
My compliments to the CHEF!!!

1  Thank Bocachica