“Reasonably authentic Thai Cuisine”
Review of Thai Plate

Thai Plate
Ranked #8 of 152 Restaurants in Orillia
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Description: "New in Orillia, has a parent restaurant in Dundas or Toronto".
Keswick, Canada
“Reasonably authentic Thai Cuisine”
Reviewed 22 November 2013

We ate there (as a couple) last weekend. I have traveled extensively in Thailand & think that they have some of the best cuisine in the world. Considering how far from sources of good Asian ingredients this restaurant is, they do a passable job of creating authentic Thai dishes. We ordered Crispy Thai spring rolls, Tom Yum Goon (shrimp), Tom Yum w/Chicken, Green curry Chicken & white rice.
The spring rolls were excellent, the soups were passable representations of the real thing, as was the green curry chicken (not quite as good as you might be able to get in Toronto but after all, we are over an hour & a half north of downtown T.O. & availability of authentic ingredients) The rice came molded in the shape of a heart & the candle on our table was in a holder shaped like a diamond ring.

The ambiance is very authentic Thai and the service is outstanding & very courteous, although towards the end of our meal, as the restaurant filled up and got busier our server seemed to have forgotten to check on us in order to ask if we would like more water or anything else.

• Visited November 2013

Orillia, Canada
“Clean and friendly for the newcomer to Thai cuisine”
Reviewed 20 November 2013 via mobile

The menu is sectioned off for easy to follow selection. There are little red peppers beside the meals that are hot so if you are a newcomer to Thai food you know which meals are hot and which are not. The more peppers the hotter the meal. Staff are friendly and efficient without being bothersome. Clean and neat restaurant.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank mark m
Canada
“Great food!”
Reviewed 31 October 2013

I ordered green curry, coconut rice and tom yum soup. Lets just say, that was WAY too much food for just one person. The coconut rice was perfect, the green curry was amazing, and I wasn't really sure what I was ordering with the Tom Yum soup but it was delicious none the less.

I ordered my food and picked it up, and they kept it in a cooler to keep it warm.

If you are in the area, this is definitely a great place to get delicious food!

Total for all my food was $20.

2 Thank MrsLeah
Orillia, Canada
“Delecious!”
Reviewed 30 October 2013

My husband and I like to try new foods so ventured into the Thai Plate. I found the lunch combo very good. We started with a Mango Salad, which was very good, followed by Pad Thai Chicken and veggi spring rolls, very tasty. Staff were very accommodating and our server was very patient with us and explained what the dishes were like and how to order from the menu. Foods were presented very nicely and reasonably priced. I would not hesitate to recommend this restaurant.

1 Thank Diane F
Orillia, Ontario, Canada
“Authentic pad thai”
Reviewed 29 October 2013

My husband and I regularly order takeout from thai plate and one entrée is more than enough for the two of us. The vegetarian spring rolls are also great. Though the pad thai is noticeably more acidic that what I've come to expect, it's the best I've ever had in a restaurant, especially in the area. Would highly recommend.