“Great Fish and Chips”

Cuisines: Seafood, British
Description: v
Description: v
Reviewed 27 February 2014

Busy but well worth the wait, great Halibut! The deep fried ice cream is delightful. The owners are super nice, will be back to visit them soon!

Reviewed 23 February 2014

I went with my husband for supper and had the halibut and chips. The only time I ever had better was on a trip to Nova Scotia. The fish was tender and not greasy and the fries were home made. The service was excellent and I will be telling all my friends to go there. The place is small and cozy and seeing how busy they are is a great testament to how good the food is.

Reviewed 10 December 2013

On a recent road trip we had to pass through Orillia at lunch time. I had read other reviews of this place on TripAdvisor.
It is on the north corner and you could miss it if you are not paying attention. It is nothing fancy. The building was formerly a Bavarian restaurant so it is blue and has lots of wood trim. The service was extremely friendly and it was busy for a Saturday 1 p.m. the portions were big and the fries were excellent. The house special includes coleslaw ,bread and a drink with the main course of fries and fish. You have the option of one or two pieces. One piece with the house special was $10.95.
The fish was excellent too. i would not hesitate to go back if we are ever in the area . They also have two more locations in the Toronto area. All run by family members.

Reviewed 15 November 2013

I have been to this restaurant at least four times....and have never been disappointed. As a long time time resident of this area,I can honestly say that this is the best place for fish and chips'!
Forget the ambiance , forget the smell( it is a fish and chips restaurant),....just enjoy the quality of service....always caring and always with a smile and always prompt.....enjoy the quality and the taste, and the generous portions of the fish and the chips....enjoy the politeness and the caring attitude of the owners and their staff for there is no other similar restaurant in the Orillia area

1  Thank Hawkrridge
Reviewed 19 October 2013 via mobile

On a trip back from Algonquin we were disappointed that we missed our normal stop at Webers. Found this little local place and it was packed. The staff here were AMAZING. We had two piece halibut and small chips. More than enough food. Coleslaw was awesome. Fish was amazing. Tip: Malt Vinegar is in the little spray bottles. This place has been around since 1930 and for good reason!

1  Thank aamers