Stone Gate Inn
US$57
Comfort Inn(Orillia)(Great Value!)
US$98
Priceline
All reviewsturn down serviceexecutive suitefireside loungeliving roommini kitchengrocery storekitchen areafull size fridgesausagefriday eveningyogurtpool and hot tubcomplimentary shuttleboutique hotelhard boiled eggssmall kitchenetteschool bus
Reviewed 9 February 2012

We stayed 2 nights recently and are so happy we decided to give them a try. Suites are very comfortable with all the amenities needed for a great getaway. Couldn't hear a thing in our bedroom at night from other guests, very quiet. Christian and the staff are wonderful and definitely are a large part of the 5 star rating given, they are one of the reasons we would go back. My husband and I are planning on going back to the area for our anniversary and would stay there again!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 February 2012

We had tickets to a show at Casino Rama so we were looking for a hotel in the area. This came up in my searches so we decided to try it out.

Location:

It is in Orillia, about a 15-20 minute drive from Casino Rama. They offer a shuttle every hour on the weekends to the Casino so if you don't want to drive there is always that option.
There really isn't much around other then that, but you are a few minute drive to to the main drag of Orillia.

Service:
The service is great here. There seemed to be only a few main workers on the weekend we stayed there and they all were very friendly and helpful. You get that small town friendliness which I love. If we had any questions, the front desk was always able to answer them.

Rooms:
The rooms where fine. Nothing over the top fancy but a nice size, clean with a homey feel. The bathroom was really nice, clean and up to date. I felt like I was getting ready at home. We had a room with a King bed which was comfortable. The TV was a nice size and there was lots of channels to choose from. We had a room on the ground floor at the end of the hall (away from the bar) so we never heard any noise. I'm not sure how I would feel with a room closer to the bar as it could get noisy there at night. There is a coffee maker, small fridge and microwave in the room as well in case you want to bring snacks.

Food and Drink:
Friday nights they have a little party hosted in the bar/lounge area which seemed to be popular. We did not make it as we had other plans, but definitely a great idea to interact with the others staying at the hotel.
They offer a free continental style breakfast with your stay that was served from 7-10. It consisted of boiled eggs, sausage, bagels, toast, cereal, granola, fruit and yogurt. There was jams, juices and coffee. One of the better Continental Breakfast I have had in a hotel.

Other:
There is a 'fitness' room which is disappointing. It consisted of a treadmill (which was in rough shape) a elliptical and a weights machine (which was also in rough shape). There was really no room to do anything other in there as it was a very small room. This is probably really the only real complaint I had about the hotel (as I workout regularly and I like a gym) It did have something though, which is better then nothing.
There is a small pool off of the bar area with a above ground hot tub. The pool is not really for swimming due to the size, but the water was warm and it was nice to just get in. The hot tub was relaxing. They are open until 10pm I believe. Kept clean and worth bring your suit for.
There is free Parking all around the hotel which is a bonus (I have paid as much as $50 extra per night for parking at hotels) so this is a big +

We drove around the town and this hotel is by far the nicest one in the area. All in all, a great stay and I would recommend and if I was in the area I would not stay anywhere else.

2  Thank Kassi22
Reviewed 24 January 2012

Stayed for 2 nights, 3 adults in a suite with king bed and pull out couch. The staff were very nice and the room was very clean. Breakfast was good with enough choices to keep us happy. Free snacks on Friday night was also bonus. The pullout couch not very comfy. The shampoo and soap have lots of perfume in them so was unable to use. (please change this many people will not like this). Heat vent was loud when on however I use ear plugs so I was okay. Very nice hotel and I would stay again but will be bringing my own soap and shampoo and lotion as they all contain high levels of perfume yuck!!!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 January 2012

We stayed at this inn for a couple of nights while visiting Rama to take in a show and do a little R&R. the rooms were great and had a gas fireplace, not simply and electric heater with fake flames... the bed was comfortable and the room was a very nice size... the venue had a pool that we did not use, due to the timing and served continental breakfast... which we did not use as the the room was a bit small for all the guests they had... so we ventured elsewhere ... actually to the maripossa on mississauga st... wow , now that's a place to eat....but that's another report.... internet worked great and free, the entire room and bathroom was very nicely appointed and spotless... the entire staff were very friendly

Room Tip: They had other rooms but we requested a fireplace and we are glad they did.. Since it was my lady's birthday weekend, they gave us a bottle of champagne and a nice note to say happy birthday... what more can we ask for ... very pleased...
Reviewed 19 January 2012

We received a lovely gift from our eldest son and his wife for Christmas.
Tickets to Little Anthony and the Imperials at Casino Rama, plus dinner out, plus a night at the Stone Gate Inn in Orillia. The room was fantastic - lovely furnishings, comfortable bed, nice washroom, fluffly robes, plus a small fridge, microwave, coffee maker and all utensils, etc.
I would definitely recommend this small hotel for anyone travelling in that area of Ontario.
Staff courteous plus complimentary cocktails before you head out for the show!
Breakfast was quite sufficient - eggs, sausages, toast, muffins, cereal, etc. etc.
A very good place to stay!