“Immaculate & wonderful service!”
Review of Stone Gate Inn

Stone Gate Inn
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Orillia
Oakville, Canada
“Immaculate & wonderful service!”
Reviewed 9 July 2012

I needed a place to stay for a wedding north of Orillia. Gravenhurst was closer to the wedding location, but the accommodation opportunities were limited. So I searched online and decided that Stone Gate Inn looked clean and comfortable .... and only a 20 minute drive to the wedding location.
I called on my way up north and asked if by chance would I be able to get an early check-in on my way further north. They were so pleasant and accommodating on the phone, and luckily able to offer an early check-in. The rooms are immaculate - incredibly clean with lots of amenities. The room was complete with a fireplace, small kitchenette that had a microwave, fridge, coffee machine, sink - just enough. The beds are comfortable with nice linens. The washroom was immaculate !!! with soft white fluffy towels and a variety of good quality toiletries in case you arrive without. The hotel is very well maintained - very clean, friendly staff...... and pretty flowers and a garden out front to welcome you.
There was a welcome hour the night I arrived that I didn't get to stay for, but watched the staff preparing a bevy of food for guests {looked yummy}. I did take in the breakfast the next day - a variety of bread, buns, muffins, bagels, yogurt, fruit, granola, juice and great coffee.
If you are going up to the casino or anything else in the area, try this pretty spot. I'm happy that I found a great place to stay when I am in the area, and will be returning again.
Thanks to the staff and owners...... it was a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank OurTimeNow

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
  • Korean first
CANADA
Reviewed 9 July 2012

By far this hotel is one of the best for the price. It is very clean, the rooms spacious and the beds very comfortable. A continental breakfast is included in the reasonable price of the room. The rooms are modern, roomy and comfortable. We stayed this time in an executive suite and very pleased. The grounds are nicely landscaped and well maintained.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Toronto
Reviewed 8 July 2012

I chose this hotel based on the positive feedback on TA. I booked a night with the golf package a day prior the arrival date through their website. The hotel staff called me rapidly for confirmation and asked my preferred time/location to golf and etc.
I was greeted by the staff once i stepped into the hotel. The decoration was a bit dated yet it's very clean. I asked for a change from 2 double bed to a king size bed and arrangement was made right away.
Room was very spacious and clean. I have stayed many different high-end hotels before yet the cleanliness is really beyond standard, everything in the room was really well maintained. Bathroom was spotless! (bathroom and bed have to be spotless!!!)
I just found the mattress was a bit soft for my back as i used to the firm mattress.
Breakfast was included in the package. Scramble eggs, sausages, yogurt and fruits (it will be even better if they serve fresh fruits instead of canned fruit.) bagels and coffee.
Free wifi (hi-speed), friendly staffs and spotless room. Highly recommend!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 June 2012

My boyfriend and I saw the hotel online and headed to Orillia for a few days away. The minute we pulled into the parking lot we saw the foodland next door headed in to the front desk and decided to head to another destination. What a mistake!!! The next night we returned and discovered why this is such a top rated hotel. The rooms are immaculate and spacious. The bed was very comfortable and the room amenities were second to none. They have thought of everything in the suites and I would definitely stay there again! And the foodland was open 24 hours and quite convenient.

• Stayed June 2012
2 Thank bubblesdlc
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 31 May 2012

We have stayed at the Stone Gate a number of times over the last 6 years. It is a nice, clean place and the staff are friendly and professional. We usually stay there when we're going to concerts at the casino. The shuttle bus service is a nice plus. We really like the Managers cocktail party during happy hour. Usually the room is filled with other people going to the concert so it can be quite sociable.

We'd go back anytime.

Room Tip: If traveling with friends, have one of you get a suite and the other a regular room. You'll hav...
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ChuckHurlson
Kingston, Canada
Reviewed 21 May 2012

We stayed at the Stone Gate Inn after doing some research online. The reception staff were knowledgable and welcoming. The excutive suite was very comfortable. We appreciated having the kitchenette that was nicely eqiupped with the essentials.
The private bedroom was comfortable and roomy. The robes are a very nice touch. We liked having two entrances to the bathroom. The bed was
The staff could not be more helpful during breakfast. They kept the breakfast items plentiful and the area clean.
After experiencing the hospitality of the Stone Gate Inn, we will return. The stay was very relaxing and comfortable. The service at the Stone Gate is what other hotels should strive for.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Toronto
Reviewed 11 May 2012

We stayed here for a "romantic night away" on our anniversary last year. Room was really nice and bed was super comfie, which was important considering I was 7 months pregnant at the time! Gorgeous bathroom with corner jet tub for two and separate shower.
Desk staff were friendly with lots of jokes so pack your sense of humor.
Pool was a bit small, but not busy, so was okay for us. Breakfast was good as well - nice selection for a continental.
The only thing I wasn't crazy about was the location (not so scenic) and the view from our window, which was of a school bus parking lot...!!? Otherwise, a nice place to stay.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orillia
Best Western Plus Orillia Hotel
Econo Lodge
Econo Lodge
#12 of 14 in Orillia
Highwayman Inn & Conference Centre

Been to Stone Gate Inn? Share your experiences!