“A FANTASTIC FIRST” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Orillia
Toronto, Canada
“A FANTASTIC FIRST”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2013

My first time staying here and I was expecting good things as it is ranked # 1. I was not disappointed. Property was well kept, very tidy, clean place. They were very accommodating to my handicapped needs. The bathroom and bathtub were sparkling, they provided a bath seat with a non slip mat and raised toilet, this was very helpful. Room was more than I expected. Comfortable double beds, desk & office chair 2 other comfortable chairs for relaxing. Great 40 inch flat screen t.v. with cable and high speed internet. The alarm clock was great for my ipod. I think the best thing was the mini kitchen, it had all you need. Nice granite counter/sink, toaster, coffee maker, fridge, microwave and real dishes, silverware, glasses and plates. This was great if you want to make use of the 24 hr full grocery store right next door to make your own food and save money from eating out. If you just want something light the lounge on site has some comfort foods like pizza, wings, lasagna and Sheppard's pie. They also have complimentary breakfast and kuregg coffee in the lounge as well, you don't need anything more. Swimming pool and hot tub was small but ample for a quick dip to relax in. I think it was a few small touches that impressed me most, there was an umbrella at the front door to use if it rained and the housemaid stopped by at bed time to check if there was something I needed and dropped off a cute card with tomorrows weather posted and some yummy chocolate mints. Would I stay again? Charming town, charming place and polite helpful staff, the answer is..... yes, yes, yes.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank SXTHRPST
GuestServicesOrillia, General Manager at Stone Gate Inn, responded to this review, 8 October 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide such wonderful feedback. We hope to see you again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
  • Korean first
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2013

My wife and I were headed to a party in Orillia last week and decided to drive up a day early and see the local countryside before the event. based on Trip Advisor's # 1 rating for the Stone Gate Inn, we booked a "Fireside Suite". The price included a full (they called it a "deluxe continental") breakfast, and was a very good value. The rooms are exceptionally clean, the beds are very comfortable, the shower is lovely and the staff could not have been friendlier or more helpful. The indoor poll and hot tub, coupled with nightly turn-down service with chocolates left on our pillows, only made us enjoy our stay even more. If only our side trip to Casino Rama had been as accommodating...

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank colombo834
I'm very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to your next visit!
Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2013 via mobile

My wife and I returned to Orillia after a hectic Labour day weekend and stayed Stone Gate Inn. We enjoyed an executive suite and it was clean, well laid out and quiet from street noise. The hotel is close to Tim Horton's, the waterfront park, and a golf course that I intend to take my Son and Son in law to play when we stay in Orillia next time. Our Grand kids loved the park and its small train that wanders through the park. The hotel is minutes away from Rama and makes for a perfect base from which to see the attractions of Orillia and then get a little spoiled by staying in an extraordinary hotel.
The hotel is very well run and the staff care very much about your contentment. Thank you Leneza, Nicole, Heather, Jody,Jamie,Sean, for a welcoming and very relaxing stay.

Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kitchenerjoe
GuestServicesOrillia, General Manager at Stone Gate Inn, responded to this review, 9 September 2013
I'm very glad to hear how much you enjoyed your recent stay and that you intend to return. We look forward to your next visit!
Port Hope, Ontario, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2013

We stayed at the Stone Gate Inn and I would have given the hotel a much better rating if there hadn't of been a big stain in the carpet right in the middle of the open space in the room. When you stay in a hotel which you've chosen because of how they describe themselves and also how others review them...you just expect better than that...I'm sure that there must be some way you can have that fixed or repaired, but please do not give that room to anyone else until you do or at least have the courtesy to inform them before they take the room. If it bothers a person enough to go down to the desk and report the condition of the room..which my husband did...it makes sense that they at the desk would think that you might not be too happy with it...but he was just told that it was done by the new cleaners that the hotel uses.

In all fairness though...the room was fairly nice and the bed was very comfortable and I would have given it a good review had we been given a more suitable room.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Joen01
I'm very sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations. This is something that I would very much like the opportunity to address. I have attempted to find the details of your recent stay so that I may ensure that your concerns have been remedied but have not been able to acquire enough information. I would sincerely ask that you contact me at the Inn so that I may look into this further.
Toronto
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2013

The outside of the building is very well landscaped and beautiful. We had to drive through what seemed like a dodgy area to get here but was very impressed with the Inn and felt safe. The room (and building in general) is extremely clean. The bathroom had the same amenities as a big chain hotel (shower gel, shampoo, conditioner, lotion, bath cap and hair dryer). The linens and towels were crisp and white. The beds very comfortable....reminded me of beds at the Marriott. The night was very quiet and peaceful.
Our room had a bar fridge, kitchen sink, microwave, toaster and coffee maker. It also had a cupboard with plates, bowls, glasses and plastic cups.
The staff is welcoming and friendly. They greeted us when we came in late after an evening out.
I would stay again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank sistaj
I'm very glad to hear that we exceeded your expectations and look forward to your next stay with us!
London, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2013

A last minute travel up North led us to the only availability we could find - Orillia. Stone Gate Inn was such a pleasant surprise. We had no idea the Gem that was hidden in this small community. Location is excellent, only minutes drive to the Waterfront. The room was overly spacious, clean, and felt like Home. The kitchenette was fully stocked and the bed was so comfy. We were sad that we were only staying one night. Front desk very courteous, helped us find a restaurant for dinner. Nice treat to have our bed turned down with chocolate. Breakfast was very good, although tight squeeze, apparently there is another room so maybe would be a good idea to let guests know about it. Overall an excellent stay. Request the corner room (near stairs) I think it is a bigger suite.

Room Tip: ask for corner room (near stairs) I think it may be a larger layout.
1 Thank 4travellin4fun
I'm glad to hear that you have found us and that you enjoyed your recent stay. We look forward to your next visit!
Toronto
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2013

Location: In sort of a residential area, next to a school bus depot, no room with a view.
Checkin: Quick and cheerful.
Room: We had a two room "suite" with kitchen. The room was well furnished and very clean. The bed in a separate bedroom was very comfortable. The room was extremely clean.
Service: We came back to the hotel late after seeing a concert at Casino Rama and were hungry. A staff was in the lounge preparing for the morning breakfast. We told her we here hungry and she offered us a quick snack, which I through was very nice.
Morning breakfast: Basic could be better.
Summary: A nice clean hotel.

2 Thank LMC_Canada
I'm very happy to hear you enjoyed your recent visit. We look forward to hosting you in the future!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orillia
Best Western Plus Orillia Hotel
Highwayman Inn & Conference Centre
Econo Lodge
Econo Lodge
#11 of 14 in Orillia

Been to Stone Gate Inn? Share your experiences!