“Great for a Week End”

Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Orillia
Oakville, Canada
“Great for a Week End”
Reviewed 11 November 2013

We stayed here for the ZZ Top concert and so did a lot of others. Rooms were very clean and we had a room that allowed me to sleep the night away while my husband watched TV. Handy having a 24 hour Foodland next door for the late night bag of popcorn.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
GuestServicesOrillia, General Manager at Stone Gate Inn, responded to this review, 12 December 2013
I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your recent stay. Thank you for your comments and we look forward to hosting you again!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
  • Korean first
Reviewed 8 November 2013

This Inn has a wonderful atmosphere! Quality value & cleanliness was only outdone by the friendly staff! The free evening appetizers were an unexpected bonus and the nighttime chocolates and weather card were really a nice touch that we have only experienced at resort vacation hotels. We'll be back!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
It makes me so proud of our team to hear such great feed back from our guests! Thank you for taking the time to post such wonderful comments. We look forward you your next stay!
St. Catharines, Canada
Reviewed 8 November 2013

Our nursing class stayed 2 nights. Staff were wonderful with helping organize our itinerary package at an excellent price. Christian and Nicole were flexible with our continually changing numbers and itinerary, always patient and accommodating.Two of us shared a suite with a living room which provided an excellent gathering space. There was a full service kitchenette for managing snacks and drinks and enough space and chairs for our group of 24 to mingle and enjoy themselves. The included breakfast was generous including lots of choices. The location was central to all of our activities and parking not a problem. All staff were friendly, efficient and helpful. I would recommend the hotel to anyone planning a group event. Jean

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
It was a pleasure to host your group Jean and I'm glad to hear everyone had a great time. We're always happy to do whatever it takes to ensure your experience is superb! Looking forward to seeing you all again soon!
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 3 November 2013

Our visit was short, but the staff were great. The purpose of our trip was to see Roger Hodgson at Casino Rama so we did not get to see most of the hotel. The room was great, clean and well maintained. The little kitchenette will be put to better use next time we decide to visit Orillia again. With a grocery store within walking distance, you can purchase some grocery and snacks to have a great weekend.

The driver of the shuttle to Casino Rama was a very friendly person who took care of her passengers. The front desk person was a great help in getting checking us in and making sure we were book on the shuttle.

I won't need a concert at Casino Rama as the reason to stay here again. I think we will visit just to get away for a weekend. Thanks for the stay.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank ankmurphy
Thank you so much for taking the time to post your comments. I'm very pleased to see you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to your next visit!
Mississauga, Canada
Reviewed 6 October 2013 via mobile

The hotel was very clean, the room was spacious with a nice fireplace. On Friday evening free cocktail appetizers. The complementary breakfast in the morning was good but hard to get a table. It is a little annoying that you have to book the shuttle so far in advance.

Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank 194SheilaM
GuestServicesOrillia, General Manager at Stone Gate Inn, responded to this review, 8 October 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your review and I'm glad to see that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to your next stay with us!
Kitchener, Canada
Reviewed 5 October 2013

Reserved and stayed at the Stone Gate Inn on Oct 4, 2013 based on reviews I found here. Either my expectations were totally out of line or I live on another planet. First the good; easy to find, room was clean. Parking was readily available and free. Now the not so good. Pull-out couch was absolutely uncomfortable. Breakfast was meagre, bland and disappointing. Our suite afforded an amazing view of a school bus parking lot. Some of the staff were friendly, but most were not. I couldn't recommend Stone Gate and will not go back. I live in Kitchener and Orillia is the same driving time as Niagara Falls. For a week-end get-a-way, Niagara is a much better value and I believe we will continue to look south in the future.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Cristal-lover0516
I'm very sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay. I would very much like the opportunity to speak with you so that I can get more information regarding the issues you've expressed. Please feel free to contact me at the hotel, I look forward to hearing from you.
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 19 September 2013

My first time staying here and I was expecting good things as it is ranked # 1. I was not disappointed. Property was well kept, very tidy, clean place. They were very accommodating to my handicapped needs. The bathroom and bathtub were sparkling, they provided a bath seat with a non slip mat and raised toilet, this was very helpful. Room was more than I expected. Comfortable double beds, desk & office chair 2 other comfortable chairs for relaxing. Great 40 inch flat screen t.v. with cable and high speed internet. The alarm clock was great for my ipod. I think the best thing was the mini kitchen, it had all you need. Nice granite counter/sink, toaster, coffee maker, fridge, microwave and real dishes, silverware, glasses and plates. This was great if you want to make use of the 24 hr full grocery store right next door to make your own food and save money from eating out. If you just want something light the lounge on site has some comfort foods like pizza, wings, lasagna and Sheppard's pie. They also have complimentary breakfast and kuregg coffee in the lounge as well, you don't need anything more. Swimming pool and hot tub was small but ample for a quick dip to relax in. I think it was a few small touches that impressed me most, there was an umbrella at the front door to use if it rained and the housemaid stopped by at bed time to check if there was something I needed and dropped off a cute card with tomorrows weather posted and some yummy chocolate mints. Would I stay again? Charming town, charming place and polite helpful staff, the answer is..... yes, yes, yes.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank SXTHRPST
Thank you for taking the time to provide such wonderful feedback. We hope to see you again soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orillia
Best Western Plus Orillia Hotel
Econo Lodge
Econo Lodge
#12 of 14 in Orillia
Highwayman Inn & Conference Centre

Been to Stone Gate Inn? Share your experiences!