“Great getaway for my wife's birthday!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Stone Gate Inn

Stone Gate Inn
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Orillia
Toronto, ON
“Great getaway for my wife's birthday!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2007

My wife and I stayed at the Stone Gate Inn on Feb 1 and Feb 2. The reviews here are true--this is truly a fine hotel and the service is excellent. When we checked in we were greeted by very friendly staff. Our room and key were ready upon arrival; there was no waiting at the front desk. The hotel knew that it was my wife's birthday and had a complimentary bottle of champagne waiting for us--chilled with two glasses. As well, they had made arrangements for flowers to be in the room for my wife upon our arrival. The room was excellent--we were staying in a Luxury Suite--the suite is very spacious with a kitchen; living room with couch, TV, and gas fireplace; separate bedroom with a comfortable King size bed and TV; and a spacious bathroom with jacuzzi tub and separate shower. The room was clean and comfortable and we enjoyed all the amenities. We had tickets to see Howie Mandel at Casino Rama and used the complimentary shuttle from the hotel. The shuttle was clean and convenient, but keep in mind that they do stop at many other hotels along the way. The shuttle ride took about 45 minutes to the casino. Had we driven ourselves it would have been about 15 minutes. However, if you want to sit back and relax it is convenient. We also enjoyed the daily complimentary breakfast. The food was fresh and more expansive than a typical continental breakfast. We also enjoyed a cocktail and complimentary hors d'oeuvres in the Fireside Lounge on the Friday night. This is certainly recommended. The only criticism we had was when we ordered dinner at the Hotel. Our food was OK but a bit cool. All in all, I highly recommend the Stone Gate Inn. If you are looking for a nice, relaxing getaway with a spacious room, great amenities, and excellent customer service, all at a great value, then the Stone Gate Inn is for you.

• Liked — The room, the service, breakfast and evening hors d'oeuvres
  • Disliked — Dinner from restaurant was ok
  • Stayed February 2007, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank JLToronto

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
  • Korean first
Algonquin Park
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 December 2006

I was delighted to stay at the Stonegate Inn, a privately owned boutique hotel. In the past year, I've spent at least 80 nights in hotels and I was particularly delighted with the welcome and care I received. I really think the Stonegate Inn could give other hotels training when it comes to customer service.
Hands down, the best place I've stayed this year.

PS. I train tourism businesses in Web design and customer relationship strategies online and it is really unfortunate that the hotel does not come up very high in searches for accommodation in Orillia. I sure hope this changes. Stonegate deserves more business.

• Stayed November 2006, travelled on business
5 Thank Todd L
Montreal, Quebec
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2006

Montreal, Quebec
July 13 2006
Reviewer: Mr. & Mrs. L. Salvaggio

Our stay at Stonegate Inn was fabulous. The staff were so friendly and went out of their way to make us feel at home. The rooms were very comfortable and cozy and if you happen to be a golfer, there are plenty of courses close by to choose from. There is also fine dining nearby. Stonegate also provides a lovely continental breakfast for you each morning. We will definitely be coming back next year.

• Liked — Our 1 bedroom suite with fireplace
  • Stayed July 2006, travelled as a couple
2 Thank lsalvaggio
Orillia, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2006

I just found this web site and I've been back to Stone Gate Inn several times since I stayed there to meet friends for hors d'ouvres and cocktails in their quaint lounge. I just love this hotel.

I can honestly rate it as being at the top of the rung along with other hotels I've stayed at this year, including the Chateau Frontenac in Quebec, Chateau Whistler, Chateau Laurier in Ottawa just to mention a few. This hotel may not have a concierge and some of the services that the big hotels offer, but their rooms are of equal quality. The staff of this boutique hotel are most gracious and friendly and "NO" is not in their vocabulary.

I intend to return for a Christmas party in Orillia and will be staying at Stone Gate Inn for the night. I am looking most forward to seeing familiar faces (the staff) who make me feel so welcome.

• Liked — The whole experience was upscale and professional.
  • Disliked — This boutique hotel does not have fine dining, even though I did have a nice lunch in the lounge.
  • Tips/Secrets — Book ahead so you're not disapointed. This place can be busy at times.
  • Stayed April 2005, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank atouchofdi
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2006

The Stone Gate Inn provides a lot of useful amenities for anyone travelling for a long period of time. Each room has a small kitchenette, free internet, robes and newspaper. Hotel provided a free breakfast each morning. It also has a laundromat and small but effective fitness facility.

Staff is very friendly and helpful.

Inn is located adjacent to food supermaket and beer store, and within 5 minutes of downtown, beach and other restaurants.

Excellent overall value and friendly "family inn" atmosphere.

Stayed August 2006
8 Thank Tinker56
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orillia
Best Western Plus Orillia Hotel
Highwayman Inn & Conference Centre
Econo Lodge
Econo Lodge
#11 of 14 in Orillia

Been to Stone Gate Inn? Share your experiences!