“My favorite hill for snowboarding!”

Kimberley Alpine Resort
Ranked #3 of 28 things to do in Kimberley
More attraction details
Owner description: Perfect Purcell powder, an abundance of sunny days and a laid back atmosphere come together to make Kimberley Alpine Resort the top pick for your next ski vacation! Whether you are going to learn to ski at 3 or 93, Kimberley Alpine Resort has a great instructor waiting to teach you. If you are already a seasoned ski veteran Kimberley features 80 runs on 1800 acres with ambitious terrain including the Black Forest glades where powder stashes last for weeks. With a huge variety of ski in/ski out accommodations, many condo style with kitchens and family fun activities including the skating rink, night skiing, events and apres activities for the kids or live music in the Stemwinder for the parents, Kimberley truly is the all-around winter playground you have been searching for.
Reviewed 17 February 2014

Me and my friends have been coming to Kimberley Alpine Resort for over 5 years now and I love it! It's not too big, the lift ticket price is much lower than on other hills, and very often there's lots of fresh powder. I usually stay in one of the ski in/ ski out hotels and I spend the whole day on the hill. Night skiing is also fun, but only the main run is open, and it's usually pretty icy.
The restaurants at the bottom of the hill are good, and you can have a filling lunch.
The scenery from the top of the mountain is amazing, so bring a small camera!
Have fun on the hill, have a good dinner and maybe go to a local bar/club.

1  Thank kotbar

Reviewed 30 January 2014

Just love hitting the slopes with the sun on my face! You will find long cruisers like Rosa and Buckhorn off the main chair; more blue runs, fun glades and black diamonds over by the Easter Chair and Tamarack Chair. Look no further for fresh tracks and no line-ups! Great for families and groups; beginners or those that enjoy making those thighs burn! There is also night skiing on Canada`s lit night ski run! All this with unbelievable mountain views. Always a great, fun experience.

2  Thank TKimberleyK
Reviewed 22 January 2014

sshhh don't tell everyone about Kimberley Alpine resort they will all want to come! So much sun and fresh snow made for a perfect day on the slopes. Skied the powder around the Easter and Tamarack chairs till lunch - grabbed a sandwich at the base - then gave the legs a rest by doing the sunny cruisers at the front in the afternoon! Plenty of variety for all abilities and ages. I love doing the tree runs and you will find more than enough to satisfy you. At the weekends enjoy an après beer and live music in the Stemwinder bar. Just loving it.

2  Thank Angela C
Reviewed 20 January 2014

I have come to Kimberley 11 times and keep coming back because the Kimberley ski area is all around my favorite. There are bigger areas, but this is big. There are places with more snow, but the snow here is usually great. There are places with more night life, but the beauty here is that the slopes are very quiet during the week, and I mean you seldom see anybody else above or below you. There are over a dozen killer black diamond runs on the back side, and the snow is almost always good enough for me to enjoy them, even though I just get down, without a lot of style. You can get a good meal slopeside, and if you are a real foodie, you just have to get yourself downtown for more choices.

Cali S, Public Relations Manager at Kimberley Alpine Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2015

Thank you for your review! We're so happy to hear how much you love our resort and town. Hope to see you again next season!

Reviewed 16 January 2014

We love going to Kimberley. The skiing is great. We like the blue runs. The people everywhere are friendly and make you feel at home. We always stay at the Trickle Creek Lodge on the hill and after picking up your skis from the locker, the lifts are right there. In the past our biggest ski problem was we hated to walk miles from our car to the lift carrying our equipment. This way it makes the skiing all the more perfect and Kimberley Alpine is now the only place we like to go to ski. The line ups are minimum, the price is right and after a hard day skiing the Stemwinder offers great drinks, food and entertainment. The snow is usually perfect and well groomed and I tell everybody that we think Kimberley is the best place to ski, as specially for families.

Thank you for your review! We're glad to hear you and your family had a great vacation and love Kimberley. We hope to see you again next season!