“Third Visit, More To Come”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Saint Andrews
The Garden Gate Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #8 of 13 Saint Andrews B&B and Inns
Reviewed 27 December 2011

This was my third stay with Dave and Carol, whose company I really enjoy. This time I was with my spouse and she loved the place, too. Our room was very comfortable, quiet and well appointed. I stayed in a smaller room on my previous stays and liked it just as well. Garden Gate is within walking distance of the Town center. Breakfasts are very social and the food is very good and varied. Dave and Carol really know the area and can make great suggestions for restaurants and sites to see. I will return!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 16 August 2011

The owners ask that you contact them if there are any changes in plans or you are arriving late. They, however are very hard to contact. I called numberous times and never talked to a person aways a machine. The location was great and the appearence of the house is wonderful, but I think for $150.00 it leaves a lot to be desired. The room that I had was the serenity it was smaller than I had expect. The sink look like one from an air plane. Fortunately I only booked 1 night. The breakfast was eggs Bennedict which was great . However, they was no toast , bread, juice and any fruit, coffee or tea was served They had a lot of warnings about leaving any marks or traces of lips stick, etc in the room. You would be billed if any trace of your staying was left other than wrinkled sheets and towels.

Room Tip: The directions were very good easy to locate
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
4  Thank nighthawk779
Reviewed 13 August 2011

We had the pleasure of staying at the Garden Gate after a busy family reunion nearby. The Bennetts were so welcoming, we felt at home and decompressed almost immediately. Their B& B (which is their home) is the perfect place to stay while we enjoyed the many things that the town of St. Andrews has to offer. Carol and Dave Bennetts' breakfasts were perfect, and the town has many places, some on the ocean, from which to choose for lunch or dinner. Our nights at the B&B were the most restful we have ever had away from home. We can't wait to return next year, and see the Bennetts again.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank john w
Reviewed 12 August 2011

Lovely accommodations in this beautiful tourist area. Dave and Carol are great hosts.
This was our 3rd time staying there, and we'd definitely come back again. And breakfast was delicious!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jamine M
Reviewed 30 July 2011

Dave and Carol are the ultimate hosts: If you prefer stimulating conversation about coffee and donuts, they're your cup of tea. If you want to be left alone to spy on Canada, they'll let you be.

Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank CanadianSpy
Reviewed 22 July 2011

A word that kept going through my head during our two-night stay at the Garden Gate was "lovely". The home itself is beautiful, as are the abundant gardens. Our room was gorgeous, the bath towels were thick and plush, the bed was luxurious, and little touches throughout the house and gardens were just perfect. Exquisite! The entire place was absolutely pristine, while still maintaining its warm look and feel.

Dave and Carole are EXCEPTIONALLY warm, welcoming, and helpful hosts. The breakfasts they prepared were fantastic --- presented with real artistry and attention to detail. The breakfasts were delicious!!

The location could not be beat. We did not need our car while in town, as we were just a couple of blocks off the main downtown strolling/shopping area. Five minutes away (or less) to walk to the main street, but removed enough that it was completely tranquil and quiet once back "home".

The area was having a real hot spell when we were coming through, and the room we were in at the top of the house was a little tough to cool off, despite an in-room AC and an open (upstairs) hallway door. I felt fine, but my husband still felt too warm. Perhaps those who tend to heat up easily might request a 2nd-floor room if there during a heat spell?

Our stay was just perfect. It was hard to leave! The Garden Gate stands out as a little piece of paradise during our jaunt through New Brunswick.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Suelovesbaseball
Reviewed 24 August 2010

I expect B&B hosts to give advice about nearby restaurants and local sites to see. I consider that service to be part of the price when I pay for the accommodations. What is unusual about the Garden Gate Bed and Breakfast is that the hosts, Dave and Carol, will sit with you in the common room in the evening and will talk with you about life in St. Andrews and New Brunswick.. Their insights into "local life" give a fuller context to the tourist experience in the St. Andrews/Saint John area.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple