“HORRIBLE SERVICE!!!”

The Shiretown Pub
Ranked #25 of 35 Restaurants in Saint Andrews
Price range: US$5 - US$24
Cuisines: Bar, Pub, Canadian
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Specializing in local Maritime favorites, such as Lobster, Mussels, Clams, Scallops, and the always popular Fish n' Chips. The Shiretown Pub offers live entertainment along with a great English Pub atmosphere. Customer Service is a top priority and customers will be treated like family.
Fredericton, Canada
“HORRIBLE SERVICE!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2012

We never even tried the food here. After our party of four went and stood by the please wait to be seated sign and never being acknowledge even though there was staff all over the place we decided to go out and sit on the patio hoping to get some service there. There was a couple waiters/waitresses that walked by us and after waiting several minutes I had asked one of the waitresses if we could get some menus. She saw that I had asked and completely ignored us and instead moved right over to the table beside us and took there order. We were going to give them business and spend money there since we were all starving. However after that experience I would NEVER spend a cent there and we have since told many friends/family about the experience.

I WOULD NOT recommend this place. There are so many better places to eat in St. Andrews that deserves your business. This isn't one of them!! Check out The Harbour Front, or The Gables for a great sit down meal.

• Visited July 2012

Sydney, Canada
“Picaroons is addictive”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 January 2012

We were unsure where to go to eat during our visit so decided to check out this little pub. It was little and rustic! The bartender and waiter talked to us right away then handed us a set of keys to go check out the rooms upstairs. Because of its randomness my fiancee and I were fast to take advantage. We toured the Kennedy Inn on our own with the keys from the front desk! Needless to say the rooms were very nice!

When we came back to the pub the bartender took our order and sold me on the delicious beer which has been part of my life since, Picaroons!! We first had the dip, and it was pretty bad, however it was explained to us that it was new and it was their first time trying the recipe. When we received our actual meal it was quite delicious!

This Pub overall was so much fun, it was rustic, had charm and though it looked run down, it really added to the feel! Our waiter/bartender was awesome, laughing and joking. Plus getting the chance to tour the Inn was worth it all together!

Visited April 2011
Fredericton, Canada
“Good pub with great food !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2012

I've gone here many times while attending NBCC is St. Andrews.
They have very friendly staff, and great food!
I highly recommend the grilled chicken sandwich or the nachos !

• Visited March 2011
Homestead, Florida
“Rather poor service.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2011

My wife and I ate here in early October and found the service to be way bellow par. First she asked for tea and received a tepid at best pot, which then led to a long wait for the waitress to come by and a request for a hot pot of tea. I ordered their chicken pot pie with cornbread, billed as a local favorite. Pie was scalding, as out of a microwave, no cornbread, when I had a chance to ask, I got a rather old roll. I do not like to put places down, but this was one where the service left a bad taste in ones mouth.

• Visited October 2011
sebring
“A Treasure”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2011

a pub and a good one. Eclectic menue and the food has always been great

• Visited June 2011