“very nice”

St. Andrews Motor Inn
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Saint Andrews
Reviewed 25 June 2009

We stayed two night, (5 people, two rooms) one was a suite, side by side over looking the Bay of Funday. It could not have been a better experience, the staff was very friendly and helpfull. The kitchen was not spectacular but good enough for what we needed. Great location and view, would definitely stay again.

Stayed: June 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank muggy1

Reviewed 26 August 2008

We only stayed one night and we stayed in the building down the street from the actual hotel. It was nice to have a balcony and view of the water, but the fridge didn't work & the decor was herendious. The location was excellent, with all the shops just next door. Overall the experience was good, but they really need to update the rooms!!!

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank klegere
Reviewed 27 September 2007

I just got back from staying 3 nights at the St. Andrews Motor Inn.
We found the rooms ok and the staff polite. I just received a phone call from the hotel stating that they want to charge me $50.00 for cleaning the dishes. I spoke to a lady at the front desk and told her there was no posting for this fee or else we would have cleaned them, her comment was they just posted one yesterday and they still want to charge me for this. I will not ever stay there again

• Stayed: September 2007
4  Thank leafsin67
Reviewed 19 September 2007

The staff at the Motor Inn will be unforgetable! So helpful and friendly. The room was very clean. The view is amazing! Literally 10 feet from the oceanside!

Will return again soon!

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Scorpio1114
Reviewed 18 August 2007

I booked three rooms at this motel for six adults by phone, after being told via email that the hotel had availability. When we arrived after a seven hour drive, we found the reservation had been incorrectly registered as one room, and the rest of the motel was full. I might have thought I wasn't clear about needing the three rooms when I made the reservation, but in this case, the person I spoke to actually pointed out the rooms she supposedly reserved for me on a picture I was viewing on my computer screen.
The reception desk found us an available hotel up the street called The Picket Fence Motel. When we arrived there and took their 3 rooms, we were told that we were the second mistake sent to them that weekend.
The St. Andrew's Motel is nicely located in town, with a pretty view of the water. If does smell of chlorine, but that’s because it's a small property with an indoor pool. If you decide to make a reservation, only book it with Jillian, then double and triple check it!

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled with family
2  Thank Denontheroad
Reviewed 30 March 2007

A co-worker and I stayed at the St. Andrews Motor Inn from March 26-28, 2007. There is a fabulous marine biological station in St. Andrews (this is the draw for off-season travel to St. Andrews). We admittedly stayed there because it was cheaper than the Fairmont Algonquin, which had decent winter rates, but this came in over $30 per night cheaper. The rooms are waterfront, all of them, and we were each given a non-smoking room without any trouble. The view of the ever-changing tides is mesmerizing even for those of us who take it for granted! The front desk was empty when we arrived, and though we were guaranteed an early check-in, we were denied it due to the rooms not being clean. The staff was apologetic, and offered a smoking room to us, but we decided to just come back later. There was a minor glitch with the bill, as they charged me double the quoted rate, but it was resolved without incident. The room was spacious, with two beds, a desk, nightstands, dressers, a couch that pulls out to sleep more people and an armchair. The bathroom was basic and clean. Each room also has a private balcony overlooking the water. The rooms need some updating, as noted in other reviews, but they were perfectly suitable for our needs. One disappointment was the difficulty of communication. We didn't have wireless internet, which isn't a big deal, but also the phones wouldn't call out, leaving us without any contact with the outside world. The front desk did allow us to use their phone (and stated they had been having this trouble for awhile), but it was a frustration that should be noted.

• Stayed: March 2007, travelled on business
4  Thank UndrH2O
Reviewed 28 November 2006

My family and I recently stayed at the St. Andrews Motor Inn and I can't tell you how pleased I was with the place. The rooms, although a little outdated and in need of an "update" where large and spacious and the view of the ocean from our balcony was simply stunning. We had an added Kitchenette that was well stocked and also helped save on the cost of meals. The price was reasonable compaired to other hotels in the area and the location could simply not be better... pretty much everything is within walking distance and as mentioned before you are right on the ocean, which is beautiful. The pool (indoor), although a little cold was well kept and the staff were extremely friendly and helpful. My only real regret is that we didn't' stay longer. Unfortunately I don't really recall if there was a weight/workout room...

• Stayed: October 2006, travelled with family
#2 of 7 in Saint Andrews
Redclyffe Shore Motor Inn
Redclyffe Shore Motor Inn
#1 of 1 in Robbinston

Been to St. Andrews Motor Inn? Share your experiences!