“wonderful home style cooking”
Review of LaVerne's Grill

LaVerne's Grill
Ranked #1 of 2 Restaurants in Garden Bay
Price range: US$4 - US$14
Cuisines: Diner, Fast food
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: We are at the end of Garden Bay Rd. With a stunning view of the enterance of Pender Harbour. We are surrounded by water from the ocean and one minute from Garden Bay lake. Famous for our Milkshakes and Fish and Chips, homemade burgers, come on down. We are opened for the season and hope to see you in 2017.
Santa Cruz,CA
“wonderful home style cooking”
Reviewed 4 November 2013

I read about the "best burger on the Sunshine Coast" contest on facebook so decided I had to try a few burgers while on vacation, and LaVerne's seemed to be getting a lot of votes. I made the beautiful drive on my first day and am so glad I did, it was their last day of the season and I was almost the last customer. I ordered my burger and decided to be brave and eat there, something I never do alone since I'm shy, so I quickly found a seat in the back where I was pretty much hidden. Then the burger and fries arrived and it was the burger I've been waiting for since I was a kid. Delicious juicy burger, slightly crunchy bun and fresh lettuce and vegies, it was perfect. The fries were the perfect combination of fluffy & crunchy. It was clear that LaVerne really cares about quality and what she cooks, and I agree with another reviewer that she's a gem. Her staff was friendly and efficient, and I felt like I was back in the little town where I grew up. My only regret is that I didn't get to try more of the food, that will have to be on my next visit. Thanks for the warm, nostalgic treat! Oh, and you definitely get my vote for best burger on the coast.

• Visited October 2013
4 Thank Karen S
LaVerne E, Owner at LaVerne's Grill, responded to this review, 7 November 2013
Thank you so much for your review! We too, enjoyed sharing our last day with you and look forward to seeing you in the new year.

LaVerne and Staff

Sechelt, Canada
“Worth the trip!”
Reviewed 30 October 2013

I live about a 45 minute drive away and yet drive up there at least once every couple of weeks, it is well worth the drive.

The dining area is a quirky diner style and LaVerne is a one of kind gem.

The veggie burger is superb and the first time I mentioned I was wheat intolerant and couldn't have the bun LaVerne said she would put it in a lettuce "bun"; (very accommodating!) and the hand-cut french fries are hands down the most exceptional I've ever had.

I've taken a number of guests there who've had her fish and chips and everyone commented on it being cooked to perfection.

Highly, recommended!

• Visited October 2013
LaVerne E, Owner at LaVerne's Grill, responded to this review, 1 November 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write this reveiw. I look forward to seeing you in the new year. I promise to stay the same and never change.
Sechelt, Canada
“Friendly to locals and tourists”
Reviewed 10 October 2013

Laverne is a good cook and tries to present her tried and true, and new twists on old favourites, for instance the lowly burger with blue cheese. Excellent. She makes real old fashioned milkshakes, that I haven't had since I was a kid.
And she is friendly and welcoming to all.
Highly recommended.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Jean C
Fort Saskatchewan, Canada
“Will definitely go back for breakfast - food great, service friendly and fast”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Yes LaVerne's Grill is rustic but we didn't go there for the ambiance we went because locals raved about the breakfast and about the fish dinner. Staff are very welcoming and friendly but still manage to get the job done. Breakfast was wonderful. Next time we will try the highly recommended fish dinner. Thanks for a great start to our day!

• Visited August 2013
British Columbia, Canada
“Bigger than it looks”
Reviewed 14 August 2013

There's lots of seating inside and outside, and it was totally worth the wait for our ling cod and fries. Cooked and served by the kind owner herself, it was a charming and delicious experience. We didn't realize that we had arrived shortly before closing (early on Mondays?) but it tasted as fresh as if they'd just opened.

• Visited August 2013