“Good presentation”

Auberge De La Pointe
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 3 September 2013

but not a memorable experience. The fish I ordered was lukewarm. Since I was going to the theatre afterwards, I didn't send it back to get warmed up.
Good selection of deserts.

Reviewed 29 August 2013

We stayed at Auberge de la Pointe for one night. We were assigned to one of the oldest building. The amenities in the room were very standard and the decor was dated. The best thing is the balcony which gave a very good view of the River, especially a beautiful sunset.

We went to the bar for happy hour which was most likely the best part of our stay. We were watching the beautiful sunset while sipping our drinks. My friends ordered the cocktails and were happy with their choices.

We had dinner at the hotel since we did not want to drive into the town. The dinner was okay. Two in my parties had the seafood platter for 2. There were a lot of food!! We all shared. I would skip the fisherman's chowder, many of us complained it was too fishy. Other dishes were okay but not memorable. The dessert was buffet style if you ordered the prix-fixed menu. There were a lot of choices. I enjoyed it.

The breakfast was much better than the dinner. I had the egg Benedict which was good.

If you want to go for a walk in the morning. you can walk down the road by the hotel. there was a walking trail and bike path along the river. It was a nice walk!!

Overall, a decent stay for the location and beautiful sunset!

2  Thank DavidNYC11
Reviewed 15 July 2013

Please see my review. Loved this place for the ocean vue, location, amenities and proximity to activities (beach, park and bike path).

1  Thank SoniaZ
Reviewed 3 September 2012

we did not like music to loud!!! in the restaurant in the morning and the night.When we are going in a place like it we want to be quiet

Reviewed 28 July 2012

When we checked in the temperature was 30C (86F). The room had no air conditioner, the only way to cool the room was to leave the outside door open. Not what you would expect for a $211.64 room.
The $50.00 meal deal is not a deal. Considering it includes breakfast, a $10.00 value, the diner should have a $40.00 value. The soup was watery, the scallop brochet gave you 5 scallops, with very little rice. The pies were very small and the fruit pies had commercial pie fillings, not fresh fruit.
By accident, I left my remote mouse in my room under the pillow. It was never turne in. Jokes on the finder, you need the reciever for it to work.
I suggest you find a cheaper hotel and save your money.

1  Thank Chris S