“Henderson NV”

Ranked #2 of 21 Qualicum Beach B&B and Inns
Henderson NV
“Henderson NV”
Reviewed 8 September 2012

Our recent 2-day stay at your charming Bed & Breakfast Inn was memorable. The accomodations are excellent. You met our every need with caring attention. Breakfast was delicious, and served in a beautiful setting. Qualicom Beach is a lovely town. A great place to spend some relaxing time.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
London
Reviewed 7 September 2012

We stayed here and it is effortlessly worthy of all of the reviews I have read (breakfast is excellent, the rooms are clean, the hosts are delightful - I could go on). The beds are particularly comfortable and hardly mentioned by others! Excellent value all round.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
Detlef E, Owner at Charm of Qualicum, responded to this review, 10 September 2012
Thank you for your lovely review. Happy that you liked our beds!
Hope to see you again......
Warm regards!
Detlef and Siggy
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 8 August 2012

The term "B&B" has different meanings in North America, but most Europeans use it to describe a room in someone's home. That is what to expect in this B&B run by two Germans with many decades of experience in the hospitality industry.

Upstairs are 3 guest rooms, which share one large bathroom. In an alcove between two of the rooms is a drum set, and the rooms are filled with knickknacks from Asian travels -- which are exactly what you might expect in someone's home. It is an ideal spot for families like ours who break out into separate rooms, but do not mind sharing the bath, which has a large tub and a shower. The location is near the beach, and a short drive to Qualicum's center.

The owners prepared a lovely breakfast, which was so large that we had to skip lunch. They were helpful, delightful, and happy to have us visit their home.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Grande Prairie, Alberta, Canada
Reviewed 1 August 2012

Detlef and Sigrid are some of the most kind and caring people I have ever met. They treated me more like a son than a bed and breakfast customer! The breakfast's were so big and so delicious I had to search for a iPhone app to loose weight as Detlef said there's 'a app for that'! The homemade wine was delicious too! I also spent to much time in the sunshine on the beach and when I arrived at there place Sig scrambled all over the house to find me some cream to heal my sun burnt face! The service was simply unreal it was so great! The beds were clean and very comfy ! Slept enough in 2 nights for a weeks sleep! Thanks Detlef and Sigrid for the amazing B&B and hospitality!
Hope to see you again!!!
Sincerely, Amos Wiebe

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
Detlef E, Owner at Charm of Qualicum, responded to this review, 5 August 2012
Hello Amos,
even before we read your review at tripadvisor about Charm of Qualicum B&B we voted you as one of the nicest representative of Alberta!
You are just a great boy!
Take care! Hope to see you again - soon !
Big hugs
Siggy & Detlef and TOM
Crossfield, Alberta
Reviewed 26 July 2012

I was going to my nephews wedding on the Island and my sister and I stayed at the Charm from Friday July 20th for three nights. I myself have never experienced a stay at a B & B before but my sister has. She researched B & B'S prior to us going and we booked it. I was not sure about staying in someone's home as I usually travel all inclusive but I was willing to give it a try. As we arrived we were welcomed with a very warm and caring greeting and it just got better from there. Our rooms were very lovely and the beds so comfortable. The house is so clean and the breakfast was more than you could imagine. All home cooked and alot of options of healthy wonderful food and organic juices and great coffee. The yard is so pretty and well maintained and I was able to enjoy my coffee and cigarette in the morning out in the beautiful yard, I have never been treated so great before, Siggy & Detlef just love to be able to help you with anything you would ever need, all you have to do is ask if you needed anything. Detlef even boosted our car for us, thanks again for that. My sister had to leave at 4AM on the Monday and they got up to make sure everything was good for her and even wanted to make her breakfast before she departed. Our overall experience was fantastic and would recommend this B & B and would love to stay again on my next trip. I feel that we made life long friends and also exprienced sharing the home with a lovely couple and their three wonderful children. Thanks again Detlef and Sigrid

Room Tip: It took a evening for me to get used to road noise but was ok after that as I live in a small quite...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Detlef E, Owner at Charm of Qualicum, responded to this review, 30 July 2012
Hello Rosali,
many,many thanks for the great commentar. We read it in the morning just at breakfast time and also Mike jumped up and looked at our computer. For all of us it was a great start in the day!
Hope to see you here again. Hopefully with your husband or/and Carol and her family.
Greetings to Carol, too. We will keep you in mind.
Warm regards
Siggy, Detlef and TOM (the Dalmatian!)
Duncan, Canada
Reviewed 20 July 2012

We had a lovely overnight stay at the "Charm" - our hosts were like friends instantly - wonderful hospitality and everything in our room was superb quality, very clean and spacious - an attractive home and a delicious breakfast. Our hosts were very friendly and kind. We would be very glad to go back. David and Judy.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Detlef E, Owner at Charm of Qualicum, responded to this review, 24 July 2012
Dear Judy, dear Peter,
thank you for this wonderful review and the artistic picture .
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed 16 July 2012

I was so happy to find this b&b! The hosts, Sigrid and Detlef are warm, generous and helpful. The room I stayed in had the most comfortable bed with the most beautiful linen. ..and the bathroom was extravagant. I had bicycled from Crofton and arrived around 9 p.m.. I was tired! This clean 'bavarian' room was much better then I ever imagined and the breakfast generous and healthy. There is no view and you are not on the water but if you are looking for a good night's sleep you will find it here!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
Detlef E, Owner at Charm of Qualicum, responded to this review, 17 July 2012
Thank you for the nice comentar. Hope to see you again.
Warm regards
Beach Club Resort - Bellstar Hotels & Resorts
Shorewater Resort
Shorewater Resort
#3 of 10 in Qualicum Beach

Been to Charm of Qualicum? Share your experiences!