“Charm is the right word”
Review of Charm of Qualicum

Charm of Qualicum
Ranked #2 of 21 Qualicum Beach B&B and Inns
Saanichton BC
“Charm is the right word”
Reviewed 12 May 2010

We loved our stay at Charm of Qualicum. The hosts and Tom the dalmation made us feel very welcome. Our room was very pretty with a little sundeck and everything was super clean. Siggy and Detlef cooked wonderful breakfasts and filled us up with food for the day. At no time did we feel uncomfortable or unwelcome. I would come back again and recommend this charming B&B with it's European touches. Thanks again Siggy and Detlef and Tom.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Essen
Reviewed 15 March 2010

We had a wonderful stay at Charm of Qualicum. The House is absolutely beautiful and you feel at home on the spot. The hosts are very friendly and try to help with everything. Forget about the pictures on the web it looks much better both inside and outside. The place is located close to the beach which you can reach on foot in less than 2 minutes. Our room had a perfect ocean view, nice furniture and the matrasses invited us to sweet dreams.
Breakfast is really delicious. You get everything you want and you will definitely not leave this place hungry.
ENJOY!

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
Cloverdale,BC
Reviewed 23 January 2010

This B&B is in a beautiful house with so much character and charm. The breakfasts were a royal affair that just kept coming, I could not say enough about the beautiful presentation and the variety of fruits and breakfast dishes. Simply said, the breakfasts were awesome.

But for me, the most important asset is the hosts. I enjoyed coming back each day after doing my activities in the daytime and felt as though I was staying at friend's. They are the perfect couple to host a B&B, they are so gracious.

If you like to be a little spoiled, this is the place to go!

• Stayed January 2010, travelled solo
Munich
Reviewed 29 September 2009

We spent two beautiful days in Qualicum Beach and this to a substantial part thanks to the wonderful hosts Siggy & Detlef, who obviously invested much love in making their place special: differently themed rooms with charming details (try the Prince of Bavaria:-)), luxurious bathrooms (they could as well be those of a high-end boutique hotel or luxury resort) and not to be forgotten the fabulous & generous breakfast. Everything is spotlessly clean and lovingly looked after in this home and besides all that we would always come back here just to have one of those interesting and lovely chats with Siggy and Detlef. And the beach is quite close too...:-)
Ella & Willi (Germany)

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
calgary
Reviewed 27 August 2009

Hosts were very nice and friendly people, very clean throughout, excelent location and atmospere. Would highly recomend this to anyone who is planning on vacationing on vancouver island, could not ask for a better place to stay on our trip, thank you very much

Les & Zofia
Calgary

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
nyc
Reviewed 22 August 2009

I travel frequently for business and family. My children live in Qualicum Beach area. When I chose to stay here I did not know about the service or the people who run the facility, however it was a great location. And that was important.
It turns out that I got a gift. I was treated as extended family and surrounded by a warm and caring environment. This is the place I will always return to when I visit. I got lucky and intend to return to great people and great service. Thanks for everything.

Stayed August 2009, travelled solo
Qualicum Beach
Reviewed 21 August 2009

We had some family come to town when my son graduated High School and no place for them for all of them to stay. We chose the Charm of Qualicum B&B after hearing good things about it. My mother, father and step-daughter all raved about it. They loved the house, the dalmatian and, most of all, the owners, Detlef and Siggy.
My step-daughter, especially, loved her visit. I'm not sure what they did to charm of so, but she talks about them endlessly. She says she can't wait until the next time she pays the Charm of Qualicum a visit.
Take it from a local, the Charm of Qualicum is the Bed and Breakfast to stay at on your next vacation in Qualicum Beach.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled with family
Beach Club Resort - Bellstar Hotels & Resorts
Shorewater Resort
Shorewater Resort
#3 of 10 in Qualicum Beach

Been to Charm of Qualicum? Share your experiences!