“Doesn't live up to potential”
Review of The Beach Hut

The Beach Hut
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed 12 September 2011

It could be this great place with great ice cream treats and snacks, but the ice cream is bland, with artificial flavors pumped in (hence the ability to have 24 different flavors). Many of the items are overpriced and the food isn't high quality. I didn't find the servers that friendly or enthusiastic, but they are fairly young. It's convenient being on the waterfront, but you would be better off to get ice cream in town at the Qualicum Foods corner ice cream stand.

1  Thank SKTraveler09

Reviewed 14 August 2011

Great atmosphere at on the beach front with fresh fish and chip for half the price that you would pay at other restaurants.
The kids can walk out on the sandy beach at low tide, warm water, dogs are welcome so you don't have to leave them in the car.
Honest people. We will be coming back with all our visitors. Fun for the whole family.

1  Thank traveladvisorCanada
Reviewed 30 July 2011

Bring You lunch to the beach..Fries ok.chicken Nuggets weren't very good, kids wouldn't eat it

1  Thank Desert_tiger
Reviewed 6 June 2010

My friends and I recently ate at The Beach Hut in Qualicum Beach. The restaurant was somewhat busy and we finally managed to scramble up four chairs and a table, which we cleaned of ourselves. We all had fish and chips that day. My friends had coffee and I had tea. When I went to get some extra hot water for the the tea bag that I had purchased at this location. I was told that they charge seventy five cents for extra hot water. I have found that coffee houses always charge for refills but this is the first time I have ever run in to this at a restaurant after just having bought a meal.. My friends ware appalled. Unfortunately for man in charge that day, he chose to be unreasonable about the topic. Also, unfortunately, our friends are at the top of our local community association, as well as being involved in real estate, politics etc. etc. This story has met with open mouthed wonder whenever we retell it. How could a small business have such a ridiculous polic, that would diminish business in such a huge way, especially in this economy. Qualicum Beach is still a tight knit community and bad news travels fast.

7  Thank Barbara1951
Reviewed 20 September 2009

If you are staying in the Parksville/Qualicum area you have to go here for fish and chips. Or if you are travelling further north it is a good stopping point for a break and lunch. They offer different types of fish so you can choose your favorite and it truly is the absolute best. You can sit on their deck or move to a picnic table, either way you can enjoy the wonderful view of Qualicum Beach and the coastal BC mountains, as they are situated right on the beach. They have other items on their menu like ice cream but we only had the fish and chips. The staff were cheerful and we were very impressed how clean the place was kept.

2  Thank ms_shera