At Nautica Tigh Bed & Breakfast
Qualicum Beach Inn(Qualicum Beach)
US$238
Shorewater Resort(Qualicum Beach)(Great Value!)
US$120
US$108
Crown Mansion Boutique Hotel & Villas(Qualicum Beach)(Great Value!)
US$187
Buena Vista by the Sea(Qualicum Beach)(Great Value!)
US$124
Ocean Crest Motel(Qualicum Beach)(Great Value!)
US$79
Hotels.com
Riverside Resort & Campground(Qualicum Beach)(Great Value!)
US$115
US$104
Agoda.com
Lighthouse Motel(Qualicum Beach)(Great Value!)
US$79
US$71
Sand Pebbles Inn(Qualicum Beach)(Great Value!)
US$98
Westerlea Resort Motel(Qualicum Beach)
TripAdvisor
  • Beachfront
All reviewstoaster oventhe secret gardenkaren's placefresh towelscerealjudgesoceancouch
Reviewed 16 December 2013

What a restful, peaceful stay we had. It was a busy weekend but Nautica Tigh Na in Qualicum made it seem like a retreat. No fuss stay. We were left to ourselves with an ability to just call them any time we needed. The little kitchenette fully stocked with everything we could want for breakfast was perfect for us. We didn't have to "be presentable" to others before our first cuppa'. Karen was super friendly and helpful and knowledgeable about the area. We just had the weekend in winter, but would love to go back for a whole week in summertime.

Room Tip: We stayed upstairs where there was a view. But there is a ground level patio if someone is challenged by stairs. If you have kids bring crayons--they have a stock of colouring books.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Louise M
QualicumBeacher, Owner at At Nautica Tigh Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2015

Wonderful to hear that you had a 'perfect stay' with us - we love hearing those words!
Your privacy is assured, as you said, we are here if you need us, and we love chatting with guests about the local scene! The Upper Deck room is our largest room, with a view of the Salish Sea through the trees, making it very enjoyable and entertaining.
Yes, you'll have to come back in the summer time. There's so much to do, and see. I've taken up kayaking - only a minute away - kayak & paddleboard rentals at the beach change-rooms on the Ocean Promenade!
Thank you for taking the time to write a great review! We appreciate it.

Reviewed 30 August 2013

8/29/2013

Our journey continues as we board the BC auto ferry at Horseshoe Bay, North Vancouver, bound for Vancouver Island and the Pacific Rim, sailing into Nanaimo, BC. Once on land, we then drive north along the coast into Qualicum Beach and our destination lodging, "At Nautica Tigh Bed and Breakfast".

Nestled within a wooded area is a converted private residence offering three individual rooms; ours is the upper deck area complete with fireplace, an open plan area with queen bed, comfy quilted bed spread, downy pillows, a pull-out double sleeper, cozy sofa and TV area, county style eat-in table and chairs, kitchen area with fridge, micro-wave, toaster oven, and ALL the kitchen supplies you will ever need!

Our fridge and counter top have already been stocked with tomorrow's breakfast to avoid disturbing us in the AM; fresh fruit, juice, coffee, tea, bagels, bread, spreads, hot and cold cereals, granola. A full bathroom offers a large shower stall and vanity with lots of room. Overall, our setting is similar to that of a cabin in the country with all the conveniences of home. Parking for our SUV was found in front of the steps leading up to our upper deck room and could not have been more convenient.

As we get settled in, the sun can be seen setting on the horizon through the woods adjacent to our cottage; the Strait of Georgia can be seen clearly beyond the shore line. This is truly a beautiful yet rugged forested area just waiting to be explored! We soon meet Karen, our host and Owner. Karen greets us warmly and makes certain that all of our requests, if any, are accommodated.

Pros: Everything

Cons: None

Tips: When in Qualicum Beach, plan on visiting nearby Coombs, Kitty Coleman
Beach Park, Rathtrevor Beach, Milner Gardens & Woodland, and Old
Country Market. Plan a day trip to Victoria, the capital as well as Sidney.

Dining: Do not miss: Beach House Cafe: 2775 W. Island Hwy, Qualicum Beach;
facing the Strait; best cocktails and food in the area only
minutes from Nautica Tigh.

Qualicum Beach is highly recommended for those who thrive on outdoor events and activities both on land and sea, traveling by RV, Motor Home, or by car. Hiking, Exploring, Camping, Swimming, Boating, Fishing, Mountain Climbing and more can all be found within the eastern shore of Vancouver Island and Qualicum Beach area. Website: http://www.qualicumbeach…

Room Tip: If possible, try to book the Upper Deck Room.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank ShoreStops
Reviewed 8 August 2013

The room has everything you could want and more; lots of soft towels, a comfortable bed and everything is clean and fresh. Breakfast was perfect - fresh fruit and cereal, toast and coffee or tea. Karen is very friendly and helpful. The beach is close and there are cafes and restaurants a short walk away. We enjoyed our stay enormously.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank hflint
Reviewed 30 July 2013

You almost need to write two reviews for At Nautica Tigh B&B (one for Karen and one for the B&B itself) - so I will do just that.

Background: I stayed with Karen at her B&B for a month when I moved to Qualicum Beach. I was fresh out of college and had moved to Qualicum Beach for work. I had no place to stay, and Karen was generous enough to let me rent a room at her Bed and Breakfast for an amazing price.

Karen is a wonderful host, and person. She is no ordinary bed and breakfast host - she will go out of her way to make sure you are happy and comfortable. I mean - here is a woman who lent me her gumboots when I needed them for work! She doesn't make you feel like a guest - she makes you feel like a friend. She even helped me find the place I'm staying at now. I simply cannot say enough good things about her. Do you want to know where the concerts, or shows, or festivities are in the area? Karen will know. Do you need something to make yourself more comfortable? Chances are Karen will have it. Do you want to see a friendliest dog you've ever met? Karen has that too. Most of the reviews mention that Karen is amazing - and it can't be said enough! You should be paying her just to sit down and have a chat - nevermind paying for the accommodation.

As for the B&B: It's a great house. The bed was so comfy that I could waste a day away on it. The trees outside give you the feeling of being in the woods - while still being minutes away from everything. The distance to the beach is negligible. The noise from the "highway" (if you can call old island highway a highway) is nonexistent in my opinion. The decorations are pretty neat. Karen was worried that I wouldn't like the decorations in the room (being that I'm a 20s male I suppose), and offered to remove them from me! Little did she know that I actually liked them a lot - they made the space feel very comfortable. I could go on forever.

Let me sum up this B&B like this: Staying at Karen's B&B felt like vacation - even though I was working full time. I would gladly recommend it to anyone considering a trip to Qualicum Beach.
And to Karen, if she's reading this - Thanks again for everything you did for me when I moved here!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank R-M-DR2
Reviewed 25 July 2013

We loved the comfort and care received.
Well supplied in every way and clean and quiet too,
Would stay again.
Parking is easy and clove for carrying our things in. We had the upper large room and stairs were easy too.

• Stayed: July 2013