“"Great place for a family reunion!"”

Riverside Resort & Campground
Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Qualicum Beach
Victoria, Canada
“"Great place for a family reunion!"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2012

We had our family reunion here in July and it was a fantastic location! They had something for everyone; 2 pools, 2 waterslides and mini-golf. The ocean was about a 15 min walk. We booked 13 cabins and 4 Hook up camping spots and it was perfect! Deb was such a great help with my organizing of the event. They had put a huge covered tent up for us as well as a propane BBQ and a charcoal BBQ. We had the use of lots of picnic tables. The cabins were clean with lots of room.
We loved it so much here we have booked another reunion!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Cindymn4

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Spruce Grove, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2012

Had a beautiful stay, place was clean.We were there for a family reunion, great place to do that. got the cabins all in one circle. The staff was very freindly and very helpful. The two room cabins were big, but the beds were hard.They could use softer mattresses. The pool was fun, but what I found odd is that you had to pay to use the water slide for the day which should be part of your stay price. Having my girls come an get money for wrist bands to use the water slide when they are free to use all the other pools is odd and very inconvenent. Other then that I highly recommend this place if you were doing a family trip, an want the out doors type of stay...

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Tammy H
Monroeville, Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2012

The Riverside was well located near Qualicum Beach, and we had a very nice suite with a kitchen. The staff was friendly and helpful, and the small store on the ground level was very convenient and reasonably priced. Room was clean and a numbered parking space was provided. The only issue was the wireless access, which only really worked in the lobby and the store.

Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank MadBeet
Missoula, Montana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2012

we stayed the night early in the season. close to the beach and is probably a hopping place in the summer. rooms were large and clean. price was good. any closer to qualicum and the cost must go up quickly. very family oriented and i am sure very busy. quiet and just right for our one night. yeah the heaters are funky but we were able to warm the place up easily enough.

Room Tip: bring the kids, lots for them to do.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank kevin b
umchenz
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2012

The rooms are old, need complete renovation. The electric heater is very noisy, I did not get very good sleep because of that. It does not look very clean either. The location is ok, not too far away from beach and the town.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank umchenz
Duncan, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2012

Boy, did I ever luck out when on May 2, 2012 my motorbike broke down in a heavy rainfall. I happened to be right in front of the beautiful Riverside Resort in Qualicum Beach, BC. I knew I couldn't go any farther and, therefore, needed to grab a room for the night. I was a bit reluctant to stay here as it looked out of my price range, what with the huge waterslide and pool area and all kinds of other amenities. So I was greatly surprised and relieved when I found out the room I stayed in was not only reasonably priced but below anything I could have guessed. The lady who registered me by the name of Sharon was an absolutely delightful person. I have rarely been treated with such respect, cheerfullness and compassion (for my plight) as I was by her. She truly went out of her way to make me feel comfortable and to be sure I had everything I needed to enjoy my short stay as much as I could. But, let me tell you about the room I stayed in which really blew me away. As soon as I stepped into the 'suite' I was in the large living room equipped with all you could need including fouton couch, table and four chairs and the usual centre-piece TV. And in a sort of 'great' room style was the kitchenette with full sink,which was really more like a full kitchen as it had all the utensils, china, pots and pans, etc. as well as cleaning materials that anyone would ever need. From there you step through a door that opened to the large bedroom with full washroom. I've always been partial to one-bedroom suites and this one is no exception. The floors had been recently redone and looked like classy hardwood flooring. I really enjoyed the suite and would go out of my way to stay there again.
P.S. If you don't like a quiet, peaceful suite to stay in during your travels then suite #36 is not for you.
Happy Trails,
Brian P.

Room Tip: See review above.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
4 Thank Brian P
Victoria, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2012

This is a great place to stay for groups of people. They have cabin rooms and camping available on the same property. They have lots to do and it is close to the ocean. Great for sport teams or just getting together with family or friends.
I found the staff to be very friendly and the management was extremely helpful and accomodating.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
#8 of 10 in Qualicum Beach
Buena Vista by the Sea
Buena Vista by the Sea
#4 of 10 in Qualicum Beach

Been to Riverside Resort & Campground? Share your experiences!