“Very friendly staff, accommodating!”

Riverside Resort & Campground
Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Qualicum Beach
Victoria, Canada
“Very friendly staff, accommodating!”
Reviewed 23 May 2014

Showed up late at the end of a long day, even though they were about to close up for the night, they were very accommodating and made sure we had everything we needed, bringing us an extra picnic table and axe to chop wood. Great spot!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Josh P

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Sooke, Canada
Reviewed 28 April 2014

I chose to spend my 50th birthday at the Riverside Resort because my family and I have spent so much time there over the years. I confirmed our plans over the phone with Jenna but on our arrival the reservation and set up we planned were not possible. I was extremely disappointed but we all worked together to find a solution. In the end it all worked out extremely well and my family and I had two wonderful days at the resort. I can't say enough about how wonderful Wendy and Jenna were. They were extremely attentive and accommodating. They even came over with flowers and a balloon for me during the party. I am so very grateful to have had such a professional team looking after us! The whole family is planning on meeting up again at the resort in the summer. Thank you again Wendy and Jenna. You are hero's in my book!!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 26 February 2014

We needed a place to stay in Qualicum and chose the best value and was SO surprised to see our room for the price. A 39 or 40 inch flat screen TV, fast internet and a full kitchen for under $90. The place was very clean, including the grounds. They had a little store on the property with friendly staff and reasonable prices. The manager was very helpful and organized dinner for us and we enjoyed his suggestions and hospitality. He even let us play mini golf (currently closed ) for $1.
We heard about all the great things they are doing for the summer with the kid's programs and all their plans for renovations. This is place is great, and it sounds like it is getting better. We can't wait to come back.

Room Tip: When you book ask about the townhouses; they are HUGE and quite modern. Also, the one bedroom cabin...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Port McNeill, Canada
Reviewed 25 February 2014

Visited with friends and family here. Lots of fun things for the kids to do with the pools, water slide and mini golf all on site. Friendly staff and great rooms. Also lots of room to camp. Close walk to the ocean and a number of restaurants. Would recommend staying here to everyone!!!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 7 February 2014

Riverside Resort is a fantastic spot to stay when visiting Vancouver Island. The cabins and rooms are clean and modern, with all necessary amenities. The rates are extremely reasonable, particularly during the off-season. The Resort is only a short walk to the beach, and a 5 minute drive to Qualicum town centre. If you're thinking of going to Parksville, it is only about a 10-15 minute drive away.

The staff were very friendly, and go out of their way to make sure you have everything you need. I stayed during the off-season for a number of months for work, and couldn't believe how quiet and comfortable my stay was. Would recommend this spot to anyone.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank A S
Qualicum Beach, Canada
Reviewed 7 February 2014 via mobile

Whole family has been coming here for years. So many fun things to do. Staff is friendly and accommodating. Water slide and mini golf are awesome. So close to so many good restaurants and pubs. Would highly recommend if you are looking for your next vacation spot. So many things to do for all ages.

Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Jenna M
Vancouver
Reviewed 26 August 2013

The resort is nice enough. A campground beside a nice little river, with cabins and town houses. We booked a townhouse for 4 nights - decent price. I though it would be closer to the ocean but that's ok. It is a 1 km drive to the beach, which is in a residential area with gorgeous houses. The beach was beautiful. Back to the resort..... The resort was calling my cell while we were on route, and I finally called them back. My room was double booked and would I stay in a cabin the first night, then change to my room the next day. They asked I check out before 11, then back in at 4pm. After I explained we were at a tour all day, and I didn't want my fridge full of food left in my car, they made an allowance and allowed me to move from the cabin to the townhouse when we returned from our tour. The Cabin had a GIANT wasp nest out the back door so we couldn't open the door for a breeze or use the feild area or back deck, other than that it was ok. The townhouse was very nice with a great courtyard. The pool was small and crowded, but it was fun for the kids and a nice way to meet other travelers. The mini golf needs a refresh, and was over priced. The website advertises that there is a DVD player in the rooms, but there is an extra charge, same with the bbq's. Overall it was nice enough for the rates.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
#3 of 10 in Qualicum Beach
Buena Vista by the Sea
Buena Vista by the Sea
#4 of 10 in Qualicum Beach

Been to Riverside Resort & Campground? Share your experiences!