“Just like being home”

Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Qualicum Beach
Parksville
“Just like being home”
Reviewed 24 February 2009

I was stranded for a place to stay (that allowed pets) looking on the net and elsewere the only place that was affordable was the Riverside. I have a 1 bedroom for myself and my cat, the office and cleaning staff are wonderful I can't say enough about them. I came home from work to find a note in my door requesting I attend the Christmas get-together that the office and seasonal people have every year, being by myself it restored my Christmas spirit. The friendly faces that I see while dealing with the office for mail, groceries ,laundry ect...... is a pleasant part of my daily routine.
The Riverside Resort is more than just a place to stay it is like coming home!
I would highly recommend the Riverside Resort to anyone!

• Stayed December 2008, travelled solo
1 Thank mazatleco22

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Kincardine, Canada
Reviewed 2 February 2009

Not only does the Riverside Resort host an annual foodie Christmas party for all it's guests, the staff really accomodates you. My wife and I decided to start out tenting for the winter here , nuts I know, but times are hard. During our camping stay , the staff was warm, provided plenty of quality dry firewood , and long lasting hot showers were had.

After a couple of weeks of bean eating, whiskey drinking, damp fun , it was time for an upgrade. Without a blink of an eye , a homey clean kitchenette was provided. Yes the floor is worn, the door trim has seen younger days, and the tv is older. But the comfy bed , huge kitchennete with lots of dishes and accessories to even make Martha Stewart holler.I really enjoyed sipping my whiskey on the picnic table provided for me outside my suite, not that I miss the tenting.

Thank -you Riverside Resort and big thanks to the cleaning staff, especially Smiling Allison and Hot Stuff Leon.

• Stayed November 2008, travelled as a couple
victoria, bc
Reviewed 1 October 2008

my husband and 2 kids stayed here for 3 nights. almost left after 1st night. i called the night before to confirm that we got a cabin with a fireplace. the lady i spoke with said no prob. when we showed up the next day we checked in and went to our cabin it had no fireplace. i went to ask and the lady at the front said sorry even if you called it doesn't mean yuo will get what you want. the cabin we stayed in needed a huge makeover. the floors were lino and had burn holes, the futon was very worn there were holes in one of the doors. lino in bath was coming up. it basically looked like it had been partied in for years. i went to ask for something else and she said there was nothing although we could see the cabin across from us with a chimney had no one in it. we were already there and the price was good so we stayed for our kids. went to front desk next morn and the same front desk lady started arguing with me. i was being very polite we just wanted to switch to the empty cabin with the fireplace. also the tv was all rainbow and it had started to rain so my kids wanted to watch a show. anyway she was busy and gave me the keys for the empty cabin to check it out. we did. the floors were new and new futon it had definitly been redone. we moved our stuff in and as we were unpacking a family opened the door with the other key from the office. i told them what happened and said don't get #24 cabin. i went to the office with them and made sure they had a place then the desk lady started freaking out on me saying i was not supposed to move in and said they were just going to move the good tv for the bad. and then she had the gull to walk away from me. instantly there was a man standing there and he obviously said don't worry about of course we could stay in #32 and appoligized. well that 2 bedroom cabin was much nicerand we really liked it. i never went back to the front desk but my daughter did to buy a snack. the same lady was there she was very rude to my 10 year old daughter. i have to say it was a good place to stay with kids. it is on the river but has no river access. the pool was great and so was the mini golf but you did have to pay extra for the waterslide ?

• Stayed August 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
7 Thank corkboot
#4 of 10 in Qualicum Beach
Shorewater Resort
Shorewater Resort
#2 of 10 in Qualicum Beach

Been to Riverside Resort & Campground? Share your experiences!