“Hidden gem”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Qualicum Beach
Seaview Beach Resort
Reviewed 4 August 2011

I actually submitted a review of this property last year but for some reason it vanished into the ether. In any case, I am prompted to write another one because of the other review I just saw. Seaview Beach Resort was wonderful. We went there last year when my husband had to attend a funeral in a nearby town and we thought we'd take a short trip with our infant son. We found it quite difficult to find a beach side cottage rental that would take a dog, but we got lucky with this place. We had a small two room cabin. It was extremely clean, comfortable and had everything we needed. It is family owned and operated and Melody was kind and gracious and made us feel welcome. We had a BBQ on the deck and two very comfy Adirondack chairs. We tied up our dog so she could enjoy the bunnies safely and we went for walks on the rocky shore as a family. The best was being able to smell and hear the ocean as we drifted off to sleep!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
6  Thank ebonvan46

Reviewed 26 July 2011

Probably because this is one of the BEST places on the island! I didn't indicate when I had been there because I've been there 10 years now. As one of our cabin mates two years ago observed, "this place is magical." Indeed it is! Melody is a warm, caring manager, and the guests are great. It is small, secluded, and a true gift to families. I'm not sure I should even be writing this review. Those who love it know where it is, and want to continue to go there. Maybe too much publicity is bad, but it kills me not to see a good review of it on a site that seems to indicate it will tell me about it.

Karen Fenton