“Tea for two!”
Review of Cafe Brie

Cafe Brie
Price range: US$4 - US$12
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Welcome to Cafe Brie, a unique hidden gem with a european flair. Located in the downtown village of Qualicum Beach, Cafe Brie is nestled in the lovely Carriage Lane.. Soups, lunches and a decadent assortment of desserts & pastries are available.
Reviewed 16 May 2014

Spent a delightful afternoon having a lovely English tea at Cafe Brie. Both savoury and sweet items were delicious and homemade. Service couldn't have been better, we throughly enjoyed the whole experience and will return soon.

1  Thank Hani T

Reviewed 16 May 2014

I completely disagree with the review done by Kyla C. We have had nothing but positive, delightful experiences at Cafe Brie in Qualicum Beach. The food is top rate and home made by the owners. The owners are up-beat, positive and very accommodating. We were very surprised to read a negative review on such a good restaurant. I encourage anyone who is in Qualicum Beach to go for lunch or High Tea at the Cafe Brie. You'll love it!!

1  Thank Evelyn M
Reviewed 16 May 2014

Great Spot For A Birthday Lunch!!!

"I can't begin to say enough about this little spot. If you are looking for a delicious friendly lunch with amazing atmosphere, this little cafe is definitely the spot to be. My friend and I came here for my birthday lunch, and it was really amazing. They have a liquor license so I was able to have a glass of red wine with my berry & goat cheese salad. The salad was so delicious and so fresh, it really hit the spot. The girls that work here are so friendly and cheerful. They really do accommodate and make you feel welcome. My friend is gluten free and they offer a crustless quiche of the day which my friend said was fantastic. In talking with the girls, they learnt that it was my birthday and that my favourite dessert was anything with lemon in it, at the end of the meal the girls presented me with a lemon walnut bar (which was absolutely to die for) with a little candle on top and had everyone sing happy birthday to me. It was the best birthday lunch I have had in a long time, and I can't say enough about my experience here. The cafe is a little hidden but that just adds to its appeal. It has a unique european ambiance about it, one of the nicest little cafes I have been in."

Reviewed 14 May 2014

My daughter took me to Cafe Brie for "High Tea" on Mother's Day. It was our first visit to the restaurant and we will be back! The service and the food were both absolutely amazing!

Reviewed 13 May 2014

Tucked in the back of a small cluster of shops is Cafe Brie. Recently taken up from its previous incarnation by two energetic young women, this is a nice little spot for anyone who is in search of excellent coffees and really tasty food.

They are self-proclaimed coffee nerds and the latte I had today showed this was true and a very good thing indeed. My coffee was beyond smooth, had a great mellow flavour without any acid tones. This isn't just a cup of push-button espresso popped out by an uncaring teenager, it's a home-blend created by the owners and their care in selecting and making the coffee is obvious. And oh so tasty.

For my lunch item, I chose The Brie from their panini selection and a side of greens with strawberry vinaigrette. The panini consisted of chicken, cranberry, spinach and of course a healthy serving of melted brie. Dang good!

My lunch partner had the Ms Figgy: chicken, fig preserve, apple, bacon, brie & spinach. He ordered the soup of the day, spring pea and fennel. I got to taste the soup which was very fresh, a little sweet from the peas and quite delicious.

The hosts were extremely pleasant, the food, all made from scratch in the kitchen (cleverly disguised as a little cottage) served quickly and the atmosphere enjoyable with old jazz music - not too loud - in the background to complete our experience.

If you're hankering for an exceptionally well made coffee and really decent fresh, homemade food, this is the place to hit. Somewhat off the beaten path and not too likely to be swarmed with tourists, it will be one of our regular eat out spots from here on.

I'll admit to a little reluctance at giving this positive review for one simple and selfish reason: I'd like to keep the place a bit of a secret, best known mainly to the locals. However, the gals do deserve praise and recognition so I'll put this out there anyway.

Thanks for a great lunch and we'll see you again soon.

1  Thank Paul A