“Love going here for lunch”
Review of French Press Cafe

French Press Cafe
Reviewed 30 July 2014

My friends and I have been to The French Press many times for lunch over the past few months.
The salads, and sandwiches are always so yummy. Wonderful flavours, fresh herbs, and meats. I just wish they would move into a larger space, as sometimes it's full, and we can't get a table :(

Reviewed 10 July 2014

stopped in around 3 pm, had a perfect latte, and loved the kind, friendly atmosphere. Easily found a table to sip the complex flavours, as others came and went.

Reviewed 20 June 2014

Ironically this is a cozy little cafe that almost from the start needed a larger space. It is small. They do their best to fit in enough tables but it feels crowded.

I have yet to try a lot of their fare as they sell out early. What I have had has bee very good. What I love is the coffee which is first rate. Their specialty coffee drinks are made properly which is always a plus in my book.

I hope to make it in earlier in the day so I can dry their muffins and other baked goods before they sell out. They are not open on weekends, for which I can't blame them, but the town could use a nice weekend cafe too.

I did think the few times I've been in that the service was indifferent. Perhaps that's more European and therefore authentic too.

2  Thank XQU
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Great friendly welcome and service from Brenda and team at Qualicum Beach's BEST coffee house.
French Press.
The name says it all.
We loved the stressed provencal tables and decor.
Food is FRESH & delicious.
Coffee & tea selection for all tastes.....
Soups breads and a nice selection which satisfies.
Great value to quality and our highest recommendations.
Thank you for looking after us!

2  Thank r s
Reviewed 12 June 2014

I went to french press for lunch with a couple of friends. The space is very modern for the area, and well done but a little on the small side, could be a little bit more comfy. The food was decent for what we had, the menu is quite small so you have to be in the mood for a sandwich or soup. The service was pleasant although at times we felt the staff could have smiled a bit more and made us feel more welcomed, this is the reason we choose smaller independent cafes as apposed to chain restaurants. Overall it was an okay lunch for the price.