“For the adventurists...”

US$54.28*
and up
Multi Cave Adventure Tour
More attraction details
Owner description: Check out the Vancouver Island Underworld! Open year round for exploration above and below ground. Tours range from easy family tours all the way to the "Underground Extreme" where explorers rappel down a seven-storey waterfall! Or try the "3 hr. "Wet & Wild" Spelunking Adventure. Next door to the Horne Lake Campground where visitors will find lakefront campsites, canoe & kayak rentals, free parking & picnic area, boat launch and even camping in a teepee!
University Place, Washington
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“For the adventurists...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2014

So I was a bit leery to pay the tour price not fully knowing what we were getting into... But it turned out to be the best adventure of our vacation on the island. I contemplated doing the self tour for $8.50 v $70 for the guided tour, but we went for it. And let me tell you, there is NO WAY I would have done what we did on our own without a guide. I would have popped my head in the hole and said no way, not goin in there!!! But Charlene (our guide) was fantastic- enthusiastic and knowledgeable. And she took us through some crazy caves and places I did not know even existed. It opened up a whole new world! Yes there were a few bugs, but get over it! We went in. March and it was definitely wet, so rain boots, rain pants, water proof jacket and gloves are a must to stay dry and enjoy the three hour tour! Well worth the money spent!!

3 Thank Noelle G

Stony Plain, Alberta, Canada
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 46 helpful votes
“Horne Lake Caves Wild and Wet Speluncking Cave Tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2014

This is an amazing experience if you are curious about caves and are in fairly good physical condition. Come prepared with waterproof pants and coat as well as rubber boots with good grippy soles. We bought hog-slopping boots with felt liners at Peaveymart for a good price (and found them invaluable not only for this but for kayaking and hiking too as Vancouver Island is very wet in March). Paul guided us. His obvious passion for caves was infectious and we learned so much fascinating information about cave formation, evolution, rocks, ecosystems, conservation. We explored three caves, most of which are not accessible unguided, each of which are unique and beautiful. He pointed out countless things that we would never notice or realize on our own. I won't spoil it by telling you what some of them are . . . It is a well-paced tour with pretty hikes in between. Not for someone with claustrophobia or fear of the dark, and for people with mobility issues, but we are almost 50 and I am not an athlete by any stretch and we found it very doable. We happened to book it on a weekday and had Paul all to ourselves so we got much more than our money's worth!

1 Thank Gale M
Victoria, Canada
32 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Wet, wet, wet..”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2014

Just returned about 15 mins ago, from the caves and wanted to write while it was fresh in my mind. I did the 3 hour Wet and Wild tour, which does live up to its name. My guides Paul and Dave were very knowledgeable about everything. We visited 3 caves, but the 2nd one was too tight and I had a "Dolly Parton" issue, in which I was told at the entrance it might be tough. There is a very long hike to the first cave we did. I would suggest wearing layer clothing and waterproof pants and jacket as well as good sturdy hiking boots that can withstand the water. Rubber boots are good, but most do not have good soles. The second one I could not enter, I hear you will need to climb a waterfall. The third and most challenging for me was trying to get down and out of the cave. You have 3 options and I did not like any of them..lol. I finally picked the 1st and made it okay. If you are alittle scared of small places, then you might find this hard. I recommend doing a guided tour, vice a "self guided" tour because there are gates now in place and if you are self guided you can not enter certain caves. Worth the money indeed. If you have any leg or back issues, you will find it hard as well. Bring an extra set of clothes as well including footwear. Also, good gloves are recommended. They do sell them there, if you forget for $5.00.

1 Thank NavygirlComox
Surrey, Canada
142 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 146 helpful votes
“Morning Caving”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2014

This tour was so worth the money. I had a blast! The weather was dry for about a week before our "wet and wild" cave tour. It was pretty dry, but there was still many opportunities to get wet, but if careful, its possible to not get too wet. Tours are well managed, and safety seems high on their priority list. Good times, would go again if in the area

Visited January 2014
Vancouver Island, Canada
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Extreme Rappel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2014

This was a crazy awesome adventure. We climbed through tiny crevices, rappelled down small holes in the earth and a 70ft rain barrel, and saw some very cool rock formations. Really intense way to spend the day, my only recommendation to the company would be to supply the same suits the guides wear to customers as your clothes get thoroughly destroyed on this excursion.

Visited May 2013