“Solo with a dog it's impossible to get served without leaving your dog tied up outside alone. Rethink policy”

Baileys In The Village
Price range: US$1 - US$10
Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Bailey's in the village is nestled right in front of the city hall with a georgeous fountain in front of it.-open daily mon-sat 7am-5pm and sun 8am-5pm (breakfast & lunch)-16 flavors or island farms ice-cream-hot & cold specialty coffees with amazing smoothies-new menu featuring home made bread & desserts, with subs,soups,sandwhiches,burgers & more-prices everyone can afford-newly renovated restaurant-we can accomodate large and small groups-cindy and len thomson welcomes you, come and join us and have a great day.
Reviewed 18 August 2013

Wanted to sit outside with my Westie Flora for coffee and a muffin. I was not prepared to tie her up and leave her so I asked if I could be helped by ordering at the door and being served outside. Met with an UNHELPFUL assistant who treated me like a kid. She said that folks generally line up for service, I well know this as I am a fairly regular customer. There wasn't a line up at the time. I left annoyed and thoroughly dissatisfied at the lack of service.
You should know your customers better and train your staff. There are an abundance of retirees with dogs who walk the village and would stop on a sunny day if met with a more friendly attitude. I have made this request before and been satisfied with the service too bad the new staff have no idea of service and "the customer is always right" . Disappointed and ticked off!!

Visited August 2013

Nanaimo, Canada
“Poor service”
Reviewed 12 August 2013

We recently stopped into Baileys for a quick lunch ... which turned out to be not-so-quick. 25 minutes after we ordered and paid for 2 BLT sandwiches, we had to ask the waiter to check on our order (since others who ordered after us were being served their meals). He indicated they received a bunch of orders at once, so to be patient. It wasn't terribly busy, but we waited another 5 minutes or so before he came back asking us what we ordered. Obviously, they misplaced our order. 10 more minutes went by before we asked again, and once more, he said be patient; no apologies or any sign of concern that THEY MISPLACED OUR ORDER. We finally received our sandwiches 45 minutes after ordering without even a 'sorry for the delay'. Seriously Baileys? 45 minutes to make 2 BLT sandwiches? You've lost our business.

• Visited August 2013
canada
“Great Place For A Very Good Meal”
Reviewed 10 August 2013

We found Baileys when we were wandering around Qualicum looking for something to eat. Our first impression was how welcoming it was. We had lunch of a wrap and a BLT and both were very good. You order from the counter and find a seat and they deliver the meals. The service was great and the staff very friendly. We were staying outside Qualicum at St. Andrews Lodge and cottages but that did not stop us from driving back to Qualicum for breakfast at Baileys the next day. We were not disappointed with our omelet and french toast. Next time we are up island we will be stopping at Baileys. Might have one of their special drinks they looked so good.

• Visited July 2013
Qualicum Beach, Canada
“Try the outdoor patio.”
Reviewed 2 August 2013

Service can be slow at times but that’s really not a problem, unless you’re in a hurry. The place is always busy. My favorite indulgence is the pastries, especially the carrot cake and cinnamon buns. There’s a lovely outdoor patio area in the town courtyard.

• Visited July 2013
“Lovely atmosphere and good food”
Reviewed 24 July 2013

A delightful place with a lovely welcoming, homely atmosphere. I had a lovely tuna sandwich and tea. I would visit every day if I lived here!

• Visited June 2013