“Great food and atmosphere”

Baileys In The Village
Price range: US$1 - US$10
Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Bailey's in the village is nestled right in front of the city hall with a georgeous fountain in front of it.-open daily mon-sat 7am-5pm and sun 8am-5pm (breakfast & lunch)-16 flavors or island farms ice-cream-hot & cold specialty coffees with amazing smoothies-new menu featuring home made bread & desserts, with subs,soups,sandwhiches,burgers & more-prices everyone can afford-newly renovated restaurant-we can accomodate large and small groups-cindy and len thomson welcomes you, come and join us and have a great day.
Reviewed 19 December 2013

Had the chicken pot pie daily special, was fantastic. I have eaten here twice and was pleased both times.

1  Thank AnnieBDA

Reviewed 8 October 2013

would not recommend as a great coffee place. Too noisy and the staff are not friendly.Given it is one of the few places in Qualicum for coffee shops I have been disappointed every time.

1  Thank Kim S
Reviewed 2 September 2013

Great place for coffee and the muffins and other baking are great. Great atmosphere and service. Better than any Starbucks I've been in. Stop in, relax and enjoy.

2  Thank Ken G
Reviewed 18 August 2013

Wanted to sit outside with my Westie Flora for coffee and a muffin. I was not prepared to tie her up and leave her so I asked if I could be helped by ordering at the door and being served outside. Met with an UNHELPFUL assistant who treated me like a kid. She said that folks generally line up for service, I well know this as I am a fairly regular customer. There wasn't a line up at the time. I left annoyed and thoroughly dissatisfied at the lack of service.
You should know your customers better and train your staff. There are an abundance of retirees with dogs who walk the village and would stop on a sunny day if met with a more friendly attitude. I have made this request before and been satisfied with the service too bad the new staff have no idea of service and "the customer is always right" . Disappointed and ticked off!!

Reviewed 12 August 2013

We recently stopped into Baileys for a quick lunch ... which turned out to be not-so-quick. 25 minutes after we ordered and paid for 2 BLT sandwiches, we had to ask the waiter to check on our order (since others who ordered after us were being served their meals). He indicated they received a bunch of orders at once, so to be patient. It wasn't terribly busy, but we waited another 5 minutes or so before he came back asking us what we ordered. Obviously, they misplaced our order. 10 more minutes went by before we asked again, and once more, he said be patient; no apologies or any sign of concern that THEY MISPLACED OUR ORDER. We finally received our sandwiches 45 minutes after ordering without even a 'sorry for the delay'. Seriously Baileys? 45 minutes to make 2 BLT sandwiches? You've lost our business.