“Great food & service at Fish Tales”
Review of Fish Tales Cafe

Fish Tales Cafe
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Why not treat treat yourself to a traditional English favorite:Fish & Chips, we pride ourselves on offering the best Fish'n chips on the Island as well as an extensive selection of seafood, steaks, chicken, salads, homemade soups & daily specials. Enjoy the ambience of an old English country garden setting, just steps away from the beach.
Reviewed 25 July 2014

My husband & I have eaten at Fish Tales twice now and weren't disappointed either time. We always have fish and chips, wine for me and coolers for my date. This time we finished with a traditional cheesecake topped with berries - given top marks by my cheesecake loving, very particular mate. The food was fresh, the service polite but friendly and our meal was hot and arrived quickly. It is not a fancy place - a quaint, older, tudor-style cottage in dire need of a facelift. If you enjoy fresh fare, stop in and enjoy! Great service, interesting clientele.

2  Thank Karen S

Reviewed 23 July 2014

I experienced a very fine dinner a few years ago but sad to say that last week this was not the case . The service was poor, having had to wait over 1/2 hr. for our wine to arrive which came
after the food. The food was not warm..... after an additional wait for another item requested to enhance the bland taste.. I was embarrassed as my friend had wanted to pay for this regardless of how disappointed we both were. I will not recommend this restaurant again. Lynette
Qualicum Beach BC.

1  Thank Lynette V
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Very, very disappointed. First we tried the crab cakes, which were not even cooked, still doughy in the centre. The Calamari was OK but nothing special (no lemon). Finally the biggest disappointment was the fish and chips (supposed to be their specialty). The fish was not properly cooked (still soggy on the bottom and very oily), the chips were also under-cooked. It is amazing this place is still in business, unless they just survive on tourists who only visit once..

2  Thank jimorsheryl
Reviewed 4 July 2014

I was a little disappointed with our dinner at Fish Tales. Do get me wrong, it was definitely edible however the salmon I was deep fried but ultra greasy and the fries, well not crispy. We ordered fish and chips but could sub. coleslaw and overall I felt it was little expensive for dinner for two.

I had eaten here a few years ago and was excited to take my wife for the first time. Probably will try somewhere else next trip to Qualicum

3  Thank Rockin_RR
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Service was good and pleasant, but certain menu items not available. Food was average and we found better options. Offensive poem on display on wall making light of alcohol abuse. Bad taste.

1  Thank Happycamper712014