“Very friendly and comfortable” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Econo Lodge Lloydminster

Econo Lodge Lloydminster
Ranked #12 of 14 Hotels in Lloydminster
Reddeer
“Very friendly and comfortable”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2014

I stayed there for 4 nites I was scatchy at first but when I walked in the front desk girl Kelly answered all my question and was so helpful and friendly she sold me on them befor I even saw the room as I checked on and seen my room I was even more surprised as to how clean and new looking they were .. I think I found my stay for next time

• Stayed July 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Rosie_russ63

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Green Valley, AZ
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014

I hate to bad review this one because the owners were so nice, but facts are facts. The hotel is old and in a bad location; across the street from the railroad tracks. The bed was comfortable but the TV quit in the middle of the evening. The breakfast was a joke, I ended eating a banana and went to a restaurant. I do not recommend this one as it is over-priced.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Glenn863

Travellers are raving about these Lloydminster hotels

Wetaskiwin, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2014

We had to get a last minute hotel room for 2 days in Lloyd, and we were lucky to find this place. It is under renovations, looks great!! Staff were more than accommodating. I was put in a new room on the back side of hotel, where they said the train wouldn't bother me. I did however hear it once during the night. Clean and modern, but it would be nice if there was more handi-cap parking available. The price was right for a place as nice as this. Will stay again if I ever am going to Lloydminster.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Marg L
Saskatoon, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2014 via mobile

We stayed at this property as it was gotten for us by family who we were visiting that didn't have room at their place. The property is undergoing renovations. Our room was already renovated. It was fairly nice with 2 queen beds. Wood look vinyl flooring was laid. The wallpaper seemed to be put up hastily as some of the seams had started to separate from each other. There was a small table and two chairs near the window. A few things to keep in mind. Our room had a plug in by the one bed. I plugged in my CPAP machine and my iPad charger cord. When we turned of the light above this plug in. The power went out. I had to take the light bulbs out so I could have power during the night. It would have been nice if they were on separate circuits. Also, our room was on the north side of the hotel. Across the road is a set of railroad tracks and a crossing. If a train comes through at night, the blowing of the horn may awaken you. Don't know what it would be like on the opposite side of the hotel. There is a continental breakfast. Because of the renos, it was served in the lounge. There was cereal, fruit, muffins, yogurt and pastries; standard fare. The girl looking after things seemed disinterested. The tables weren't properly wiped down. I can't comment on price vs value as it was paid for us. We may consider staying here again if the need arises.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank jasonnyandcher
Winnipeg, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2014

Stayed there for a night. Its a bad hotel as soon as you enter the staff are rude and with attitude but
we thought the rooms will be nicebut No, the rooms were dusty, no plug toplug and bad wi-fi,
the carpet was stained and dirty, the walls had streak on them, also if you walk in hallway, you
see rough people,as if they are drugged and language is harsh and rude and--.

Room Tip: Try to avoid
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Niki E
Seattle, Washington
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 December 2013 via mobile

On the plus side, the shower was hot and the pillows were nice.

On the down side.... I had no control over the heat, it was 25 in the room and the front desk thought that was fine;the wifi is intermittent at best; there's no plugs in the room (ipad, cell phone? Too bad); I have a dust allergy and woke up wickedly stuffed up.

The front desk was issuing someone else space heaters (no need to swap rooms!). It's a dive.

Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Liz M
Winnipeg, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2013

I will never book another hotel without reading the reviews first. Everyone else has said it best, but the real kick in the rear is we had booked two rooms for two people each. They ended up charging my card twice for each room and won't return my money. Said I was a no show. Incompetent, rude, nasty and that was just the front desk. We arrived too late to look for another place. I would not recommend this hole to my dog and he has been dead for two years.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family