“Nice resting spot on business”
Review of Royal Hotel

Royal Hotel
Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Lloydminster
Reviewed 27 April 2013

I stayed at this hotel because I stayed here 10 years ago and liked it. It hasn't changed much although at the moment it is undergoing some renovations (not sure to what extent). It is quiet and the rooms are clean with some upgraded fixtures. The staff is friendly and there is a good workout facility although it could use some more regular maintenance as one treadmills is o/s and a cable is fraying on the weight machine. The halls and rooms could use some brightening up as they are fairly dark in my opinion but all-in-all it is a good place to stay and I have re-booked for the coming week.

Room Tip: Bottom rooms have doors out to the parking lot as well as interior exits and the upper floor has bal...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Peter M
Marlene365, General Manager at Royal Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2013

Dear Peter, Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel - your feedback is greatly appreciated. Some existing fitness equipment is scheduled to be replaced soon in order to improve the facility. A plan to increase the guest room lighting is also in the works. We are very pleased to know that you will be staying with us again and look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed 1 January 2013

I stayed at the West Harvest Inn for a conference I was attending.
I'd reccomend this hotel as I found it clean and the staff very friendly and professional.
The hotel room was quiet and i had an excellent rest while staying here.
Continental breakfast included was an added plus.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank meadmanor
Reviewed 4 November 2012

I had the pleasure of staying at the West Harvest Inn a number of time over the last year. I have yet to be disappointed after any of the stays. The staff are always helpful, Angela was at the front desk on my last stay and she was wonderful, very smooth check and she was very helpful. The restaurant food was outstanding, they make old fashion homemade buns that are to die for. Overall this is one of my favourite places to stay while in Lloydminster. I will be back!!!

Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Kris B
Reviewed 3 October 2012

All of the other hotels in Lloyd were booked so I reserved a room here. It is not the worst hotel that I have ever stayed in but it is not very good and definitely not worth the price. The exterior is very run down and the rooms are dated and in need of repairs. Also, the one treadmill was out of service

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Ryan P
Marlene365, General Manager at Royal Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2012

Your feedback is valuable to us and I thank you for sharing your thoughts on your recent stay. I agree that the exterior appearance is unsatisfactory - it is currently undergoing renovations. The plans for the new look are amazing and we are waiting on the contractor to complete the work.
Our guest rooms have new draperies, linens, telephones, lamps and televisions and are equipped with small fridges and microwaves. There are additional changes planned to improve on a continuous basis.
The treadmill unfortunately was out of order for a few days until we were able to have it repaired. We do have a other pieces of equipment, but recognize that this was inconvenient for all our guests.
We hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 13 August 2012

The staff is very nice and polite and they helped with all my needs there is always someone there. They understand the things that i want or need to make my stay more comfortable, everybody is nice and inviting.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 August 2012

We stayed one night to attend a concert and found the Harvest Inn a good place to stay. The room looked like it had been recently renovated and was clean, quiet and the bed was comfortable. We had breakfast in the restaurant and thought it was very good. We'd stay again if ever in Lloydminister.

Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 August 2012

How disappointing. I booked a room for my husband and his elderly father. On the phone I explained that they needed a room that was close to the front door - as my father in law had problems walking. My husband checked in 5 hours later and was given a room on the 2nd floor (no elevator) and down the other end. Does the younger generation not understand needs of seniors! Unfortunately, all the rooms were booked and they were unable to relocate them. I will be calling the manager on Monday and advising her of this situation.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Marlene365, General Manager at Royal Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2012

My staff & I deeply apologize for this unfortunate incident. It was a big mistake on our part - the originally assigned ground floor room was changed in error. We offered to move your family to our other property that had an elevator as there were no other rooms available in our hotel. This was declined as they had already settled in, which is understandable. We expressed our regrets at that time and again at check out, as we had failed to meet expectations. A reduction was also made to the final bill as a form of compensation for the inconvenience encountered due to our oversight.
We treasure our seniors and respect the special needs of all our guests. We sincerely hope that you understand this was an isolated incident and not at all representative of our normal excellent customer service. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you would like to do so.
Yours in Hospitality