“Going the Extra Mile”

Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Lloydminster
Edmonton, Canada
“Going the Extra Mile”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2013

I occasionally travel for business to Lloydminster and have been staying at this hotel for several years. During this time, it has changed management and ownership. Although the location and rates are generally good, and the rooms themselves are also good, I have had a lingering complaint. That is the smell of smoke in the rooms I have had. In past, I have asked to move to another room, and sometimes the smell is just as bad or worse. Although these are supposed to be non-smoking rooms, the ventilation seems to circulate stale smoke throughout the non-smoking section. On one occasion, the people in the adjoining "non-smoking" room completely disregarded the rules and were smoking heavily most of the evening I stayed there. If the smell is not too bad, I will just keep the room because I do not want to be seen as a problem guest. However, on my last visit I mentioned this problem to the front desk as I was checking out. The two ladies there were very sympathetic to my concerns and mentioned that they had heard this before. I said that because of this problem, I was unlikely to return to this hotel. Then then took it upon themselves to find a solution that would fix the problem. They said the next time I booked a room, they would have me stay in an upgraded room away from the rooms I stayed in previously at the same rate. I said I would appreciate that and would stay at this hotel on my next trip to Lloydminster. Many thanks to both Regine and Rebecca for their assistance in ensuring my next stay will be pleasant and smoke free.

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for a non-smoking room and be sure that you get a room that does not have a stale smo...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Christopher W, Front Office Manager at Days Hotel & Suites - Lloydminster, responded to this review, 29 October 2013
"GJDEdm", thank you for taking the time to review your hotel stay at the Days Hotel & Suites - Lloydminster,
Firstly I want to apologize for the stale smoke smell you experienced when staying in our non-smoking rooms. This matter has been addressed in our planned renovations for Spring of 2014 we are going to be a Smoke Free Hotel. In this planned renovation we are going to be replacing the wallpaper/paint, carpets, furniture and drapes. This will eliminate all traces of any lingering smoke scent.
Secondly, we do not tolerate those who break the rules of smoking in a non smoking room in the matter that you described. I do hope that you informed the desk of the adjoining room so that they would have been dealt with accordingly.
I am pleased to see that Regine and Rebecca went above and beyond to ensure that your next stay with us will be very pleasant. I will be sure to commend them and show the entire Front Desk Team of the great example that they exemplified.

Thank you for continue loyalty and we look forward to see you again in the near future.

Regards,
Christopher

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Cherhill
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2013

We arrived late and still had to wait. The security for elevator is a good idea,wouldn't work well for a hockey team or any sport team. There were stains on carpet. The bathroom supplies were lacking one bar of soap,not many towels and no hand loition. The coffee maker is on the sink area?? I could smell smoke in the bathroom. The lights were set up funny the switch turned off the tv. Otherwise not too bad.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Warren B, General Manager at Days Hotel & Suites - Lloydminster, responded to this review, 19 September 2013
Dear Michelle,

I wish to thank you for your msot recent comments on TripAdvisor. Your thoughts on the elevator security is duly noted and we will take your comments into consideration when booking teams into the hotel. We are in the middle of finalizing capital upgrades which will include new guest room carpet in 98 of our hotel rooms by end of 2013. I will pass on the lack of amenties in your guest room to our Executive Houskeeper. We will be converting the hotel to a completey non-smoking environment as of December 2013. The light switch layout is the old style layout that is utilizing a 3 way switch. This should be setup with the guest room lamp, not the TV. I will ensure that our housekeeping department checks what is plugged into the 3-way plug.

As guest feedback is crucial in evaluating our product, and thusly helping us maintain and improve, I thank you. We look forward to your next stay with us at the Days Hotel and Suites in Lloydminster.
Travellers also viewed these Lloydminster hotels
Hampton Inn by Hilton Lloydminster
#9 of 14 in Lloydminster
Ramada Lloydminster
Ramada Lloydminster
#8 of 14 in Lloydminster

Been to Days Hotel & Suites - Lloydminster? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Days Hotel & Suites - Lloydminster

Property: Days Hotel & Suites - Lloydminster
Address: 5411 44 St, Lloydminster, Alberta T9V 0A9, Canada (Formerly Wayside Inn & Suites)
Region: Canada > Alberta > Lloydminster
Bar / Lounge Business Centre with Internet Access Casino and Gambling Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Restaurant Room Service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#5 Business Hotel in Lloydminster
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): £
Hotel Class:3 star — Days Hotel & Suites - Lloydminster 3*
Centrally located, full service hotel. in door pool, fitness facility. On site restaurant and lounge. Meeting facilities catering to large groups, weddings, sports teams. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Days Hotel & Suites - Lloydminster reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Best Western Wayside Hotel Lloydminster