Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Lloydminster
Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Lloydminster
Lloydminster
“Cozy Room”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2014

This hotel was fantastic. The staff were very friendly and knew all of their regulars by name. The room was very clean with a comfy bed and comforter. I suppose this is to be expected with a brand new hotel, but still it was very nice. I stayed in one of their mini-rooms which include basically just one queen bed, a desk, a bathroom, a TV and pretty much nothing else. The thing is, this is exactly what I needed and I thought that it was a very efficient use of space especially for someone travelling on their own. I loved the room and I wish more hotels had a smaller option like this.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

Gerry W, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Lloydminster, responded to this review, 17 May 2014
Hi Jon,
The Guest Room you stayed in as our Guest is the Original Design & Size of the First Microtel Inn & Suites ever built. Our parent company,Masterbuilt Hotels,has re-designed the Microtel Inn & Suites concept in Canada by enlarging the Guest Rooms & offering a wider selection of Guest Room sizes but still offering a few of the original size rooms at each of our locations.
The Staff and Management of Microtel Inn & Suites in Lloydminster truly appreciate your comments and look forward to you being our guest once again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014

Comfy beds with poofy pillows. Great continental breakfast that has plenty of options but I will admit that I'm a sucker for the waffle iron. Front staff are friendly and fantastic to talk to. The weight room has the usual treadmill and elliptical but the free weights give a better exercise experience. The waterslide is not open yet but looks like it will be a lot of fun when it is available. It was also great to find out that this is a pet friendly hotel so if anyone is travelling with their furry friends... Love the place and would definitely recommend to others.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Hi Vaness,
Your Inspirational comments are appreciated by the Staff & Management of the Microtel Inn & Suites in Lloydminster knowing that we accommodated you with the quality of service you deserve.

We look forward to being of service to you once again in the very near future.
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2014

Great stay, I was there for 4 days for a Hockey Camp with my son a week after it opened. Excellent beds and pillows, wanted to take them home. The front staff was so wonderful and helpful especially the breakfast lady. She went way beyond normal to make my mornings special. For a continental breakfast included with stay the breakfast the selection was suberb. Had a few gliches being new and the GM Gerry went out of his way to fix them, he was also very friendly and interested in everyones feedback. The fitness center is top notch and the pool looks to be fabulous when it is open. Rooms very well set up for the size and realizing it is a microtel the finishings are way above what I expected. I will be staying here next time I am in LLoyd.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Gerry W, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Lloydminster, responded to this review, 11 May 2014
Hi Joann,
The Staff and Management of Microtel Inn & Suites in Lloydminster truly appreciates your positive feedback with regards to our New Hotel Property. Your patience,tolerance & notification of some of the issues you encountered assisted us in the immediate rectification of these issues.
I was very happy to meet you personally & I look forward to future visit's by you and your Son.
Parksville, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014

New facility with very clean room(s). Modest room sizes; furniture modest as well. Beds are very comfortable! Breakfast area is small and offers a bare minimum of food choices. We had just experienced a much older motel in Calgary at $30.00 per day cheaper, had just recently been renovated, with a kitchenette that was fully equipped with appliances, bathroom large and modern, extra chairs c/w desk, all in a larger room! Continental breakfast there was excellent! I know which one would be my choice for bang for my buck!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Gerry W, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Lloydminster, responded to this review, 7 May 2014
The Staff & Management of Microtel Inn & Suites in Lloydminster truly appreciate your feedback on our New Hotel Property. We assure you that your comments assist out Team to ensure that every Guest of ours has the most pleasant & accommodating experience always.
Our staff looks forward to possibly accommodating you once again in the very near future.
Ladson
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2014

Just opened and we enjoyed out stay very much. The lobby was attractive and warm. The front staff was superb and helpful. The room was comfortable. The bed was luxurious. They didn't skimp on extras.....nice towels was a plus. The tv was positioned too low to watch from the bed, but the room was fabulous. The GM was interested in our feedback and was eager to hear what we had to say. Nice hotel and would definitely recommend staying here if you are traveling through Lloydminster. Thanks for a nice stay!! Will see you on our return trip.

Room Tip: Business class room has a divider between the sitting area and the bed. Cost more.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Gerry W, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Lloydminster, responded to this review, 1 May 2014
The Staff & Management of the Micritel Inn & Suites in Lloydminster truly appreciate that we met your expectations and plan on being our Guests once again on your return trip through Lloydminster.
We look forward to accommodating you once again in the manner of satisfaction you received on your prior visit.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2014

Keep in mind this hotel is a couple weeks old by the time of this review. Some of the issues I mentioned may simply have been oversights or growing pains.

The good:
1. Staff was very friendly and attentive
2. Rooms looked nice. Even though they're a little on the small side, the mirror along one wall makes it feel bigger, and the desk was large and quite useful.
3. Beds were very comfortable
4. Rooms were very clean, housekeeping does a good job
5. Lobby was kept clean and inviting, even with all the mud outside.
6. Gym has actual dumbells! Thats pretty rare. Been on the road for a while and Microtel has one of the better gyms..

The Bad
1. TV only had HD Digital cable. Sounds like a plus but Id gladly trade the half a dozen GlobalTVs and CTVs from different cities I was given, for some of the most common cable channels like peachtree, teletoon, sci-fi and whatnot which were strangely missing. There is also no channel guide, not even one I could look up online.
2. Hot water was unreliable. Came with a group of people, some of the rooms needed 10 minutes to warm up, without exaggeration, some it would only get lukewarm at times. This wasn't during peak hours or anything, so I don't know if it was a malfunction or poor design.
3. The thermostat always thought it was 25-26 degrees in the room even when it was 18-20, so I could never get the heat to come on. This will likely get fixed quickly, however.
4. The internet is throttled, hard. Throttling is a common practice, but 3Mbps is way slower than I would expect from a new hotel. 5Mbps would be more reasonable, and should only throttle that low when bandwidth is at a premium, like when the hotel is full of people on netflix. Made multitasking on the internet very poor, both for work and entertainment needs.

All together, the sleep was good, but I had to give up on watching my favourite shows or doing much on the internet, which is actually a higher priority for me.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Taeo G
Gerry W, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Lloydminster, responded to this review, 27 April 2014
The Staff & Management of Microtel Inn & Suites in Lloydminster really appreciates your Feedback with regards to certain items of concern in our Very New Hotel Property.

Some of the Gliches in our Water System and the Comfort Control Systems in the Guestrooms are being Ironed Out as we speak.

We never anticipated some of the issues that our Guests have had to experience but the majority of our Guests are very understanding and know that sometimes these issues are uncontrollable.

We look forward to accommodating you in the very near future once again Taeo G.
campbell river
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2014 via mobile

I had a great stay. The staff was awesome. Room was comfortable and beds are excellent. I will return on another visit to Lloydminster. The wireless internet worked great. I would highly recommend this location. The breakfast in the morning was great.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Gerry W, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Lloydminster, responded to this review, 24 April 2014
Every Department of The MIcrotel Inn & Suites in Lloydminster works very strongly as a Team to accommodate our Guests to the very best of thier abilitie's to ensure that we live up to our Guests Expectations.
Your valued time that you took to give us your Feed Back on Trip Advisor is appreciated & will be posted for all of our Team to view.
The Staff & Management of The Microtel Inn & Suites in Lloydminster look forward to you being our Guest once again in the very near future.