“the service was terrible”

Spiro's Family Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 94 Restaurants in Lloydminster
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: Greek
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Saskatoon, Canada
“the service was terrible”
Reviewed 8 March 2012

We had come from North Battleford for a hockey tournament in Lloydminster and had with us our 9-11 year old Atom team. Approx 11 kids with 2 parents. I had to find the owner after waiting for 45 minutes to get someone to take our order. Try keeping 11 boys calm that have played hockey all day and are hungry. Approx 1 hour after taking our order, the food finally began to arrive, to which all but the people who ordered pizza was luke warm at best!! So after sitting in this restaurant for at least 1.5 hours, we fed what small portions of food was served to our kids, left and filled up at McDonalds on the way home!!!! Then to top it off, we had no choice but to give a 15% tip!!! WTH? Never will i recommend or eat there again, and we have eaten there before when we went to Lloyd. Stay AWAY!!!

• Visited March 2012
4 Thank doglover04

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Rich Aunty's House”
Reviewed 9 February 2012

With a cozy, home-like atmosphere, I felt welcomed as one of the family. Decor is mainly connected to the roots of the family owned business. With a large menu, serving not only Greek but western choices as well, its easy to choose something you will enjoy. Generous portions make for fair priced meals. Definatly would return, and also recommend.

1 Thank takemetothegreek
Regina
“Lloyd's "Best" is not that great....”
Reviewed 6 February 2012

The food we ordered was basic, nothing special at all. The price was too high for the quality of food. My husband's chicken was very over cooked and rubbery and my pasta had hardly anything in it but pasta. Usually a place will add cilantro and/or parsley garnishes and sprinke real parmasan on top. Everything seems "out of the bottle, can, frozen and make very quickly, although the wait was pretty long (40 min)". The garlic bread was over done and cold too. Maybe this is LLoyd's best, but if you travel beyond Lloyd, it was about a 4/10. Not good.

Visited December 2011
4 Thank Crizzel
Lloydminster, Canada
“Not worth the money”
Reviewed 8 January 2012

frozen vegetables, a scoop of mashed potatoes, a steak from the freezer for 25.99!! GORDON RAMSEY WOULD PUNCH YOU IN THE FACE!!! I was extremely dissapointed, as was everyone else at our table.

• Visited January 2012
8 Thank jb2736
Edmonton, Canada
“Best pizza I can remember having.”
Reviewed 8 January 2012

Passing through town and looking for a place to have a bite. Some locals told me to give it a try so I did.
First impressions on walking in was of a comfortable and warm place.
The menu is pretty extensive and I was actually surprised to find a place like this selling pizza. Not only were they selling pizza, they were selling great pizza.
The staff were friendly and the service was good. Next time I come back I'm heading for another one of their extremely tasty pizzas.

Visited January 2012