“Best breakfast stop in Gander”
Review of Country Kitchen

Country Kitchen
Ranked #11 of 42 Restaurants in Gander
Price range: US$2 - US$20
Description: We are a comfortable restaurant who strive to provide hearty home style meals with great service at reasonable prices. We serve all day breakfast. Our coffee is made from high quality beans which are fresh ground just before we brew each pot.
Reviewed 23 August 2013

Country Kitchen does great soups and Jiggs dinners and hot sandwiches type meals which are all good but we enjoy their breakfasts. There's a breakfast menu until 11 but they also do an all day breakfast. It's also worth the few extra cents more to have the toast made with their homemade bread. Service is consistent and good. This is a local place and frequented by locals who appreciate the large portions and friendly atmosphere. Daily lunch and supper specials and take out available.

1  Thank LazydaysGanderNL

Reviewed 4 August 2013

This restaurant is in the Gander Mall on Bennett Drive. There is a good selection of food to choose from, the staff is extremely friendly and the service is prompt. Most of the food is prepared in their kitchen and served piping hot. The prices are fair as well.

2  Thank Lindsay F
Reviewed 9 May 2013

I had hot roast beef /fries usually good ,, the beef was so thin and tough that I had to remove it from the sandwich to cut it and the fries I got were burned little pieces resembled burned onions.my guest fries was the same .my friend went there the next day and they said the fries wern"t brown they were burnt..Usually like their food but not this time.

2  Thank 748lilianc748
Reviewed 7 March 2013

Want food that tastes just like Mudders. This is a dandy spot for you with great prices, home cooked meals and pleasant serivce, to boot.

Reviewed 27 February 2013

When visiting Gander, I really enjoy having a meal at the Country Kitchen. It's a real "Home Cooking" sort of place and it has many, many faithful customers who eat there on a regular basis. A testament to it's wonderful food and service.

The restaurant itself is decorated with a multitude of pictures from around Newfoundland. It's clean and the bathrooms are VERY well kept. Prices are very reasonable for the quality and the amount of food you get. My favorite dish is the hot turkey sandwich!

The only thing I can think of that needs improvement are the availability of high chairs. There are perhaps two and they are very outdated (as of February 2013).

Overall, I would definitely suggest that you come here for a home cooked meal! You won't be disappointed!