“OK stay.”

Comfort Inn Bathurst
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Bathurst
Reviewed 1 December 2012

I too receive a corporate rate here that makes this hotel an OK value.
Check-in was prompt and effortless by the efficient clerk. I spent the extra $5 for a room on the main floor. As I was on this main floor, I did not experience the smokey smells of reviewers who stayed on the 2nd floor.
The room had a patio screen type door that faced the outside. Very handy for bringing belonging in and out. All was clean, though the carpet felt dated and not quite trustable in bare feet. Bed was comfortable. The AC/heater combo unit worked well, pumped out the heat just fine on a very cold night. The unit was not loud as others experienced. I had a newish flat screen TV in the room.
The free included breakfast was handy. The usual fare, plus hot scrambled eggs with sausage patties. The hot breakfast started the day well.

But unfortunately, the hotel is very dated. Everything from the front desk, to the carpeting, to the room furnishings looked and felt dated. There is a nearby 3 1/2 star motel and another nearby value motel who both seem cleaner and more modern than this hotel. It needs a major makeover to bring itself up to current standards.
Again, an OK stay, but there may be better nearby options nearby.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business

Reviewed 5 November 2012

We stayed there with a hockey team and they all commented on the cigarette smoke , lingering in the hallways and rooms. Smoke Free? Staff are friendly. Good value for the money if you are a smoker. Close to grocery store and restaraunts.

Room Tip: Rooms are clean and very well maintained
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 October 2012

OK room. AC unit was loud and fridge was not cooling too well. Breakfast also OK featuring thick toaster waffles. Small breakfast room. Staff had difficulty keeping up with demand. Hotel is located in commercial area, close to some stores but further from downtown.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 October 2012

I was travelling from Labrador city to Halifax and was just too tired to drive any further. I checked in at 1230 am. The exterior is well kept and expected for Comfort Inns. The check in was easy. As we walked to room 241 I could smell the 2nd floor smelled like someones stinky arm pit. The hall carpets were dirty, No filthy. My room smelled like an ash tray. The carpets were well worn and dirt was ground in. The finish on the furniture was peeling. The Tv is the old kind. I called the front desk and requested another room, I was advised it was their last room. All this for over $100.00. No wonder I hate to travel in Canada(I am Canadian). I peeled back the covers and the bed was clean. I was soooo tired, I decided to stay. This was the last time I'll ever stay here.
The next day I asked the clerk if that room was due for renovations. He replied yes but couldn't say when. Very disappointed about this facility.

Room Tip: Bring nose plugs. explore your options
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 August 2012

I made the reservation online using the Choice Hotels website because the Comfort Inn was listed as being pet friendly and did not charge extra nor restrict the size of the pet. Under the "special requests" section, I wrote that we had two yellow lab dogs. I also looked at its website for "fine print". At check-in, I had to pay a $15 pet fee. When I complained that neither website showed the fee, I was told that I should have called (rather than look at the two websites). Furthermore, my room was on the second floor. I had to pay an additional fee to be on the (more convenient for pets) first floor. Finally, we had to pay extra to have a refrigerator.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank David A
Reviewed 16 June 2012

Stayed June 9/12 for 1 night and found there to be really nothing special about this place. Room was comfortable and the price was fair but the breakfast was sufficient to get one thru untill you find a better resturant.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sporty1Canada
Reviewed 27 April 2012

This was my 2nd time at this hotel. This year's stay was a lot better than last year, where I was really disappointed about smoke odor in my room in the morning.

This year the room smell really good and I have nothing to complain at all about this hotel.

The internet was fast, one of the best I have seen in Comfort Inns.

This hotel is well situated, you can walk to some restaurants, which is not always the case most of them around the country.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business