“BUGS, BUGS, BUGS”

Comfort Inn Baie-Comeau
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Baie Comeau
“BUGS, BUGS, BUGS”
Reviewed 8 July 2013 via mobile

We arrived at the hotel after having a terrible stay at a nearby hotel, we found huge Beetles in the bed, ants on the ceiling and more bugs in the bathroom, when moved to another room it had a horrible stench of mouldy smokey musky filled air, then proceeded to another room to find the bed with bugs again
Honestly believing there is no clean place to stay in Baie Comeau.

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank Traveler8679
Manon F, General Manager at Comfort Inn Baie-Comeau, responded to this review, 6 October 2013
I am sadden to read that your experience was not pleasurable as it should have been. Rest assured that our housekeeping staff is duly trained to notice traces of infestations and that actions are immediatly taken when such events occurs. Also the Comfort Inn Baie-Comeau is regularily inspected by a certified bug control agency in order to prevent such unwanted events. I do hope that your next stay be at your convenience.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Reviewed 6 April 2013 via mobile

Staff is frandly, the room are ok, close to shopping mall and alot of restaurants arround. Let's not forget this is a Comfort Inn, but I was happy with my stay. I will come back here next time I'm in Baie Comeau.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank Msp250
I am pleased to see that our privilege location was one of many amenities that made your stay pleasurable. Comfort Inn Baie-Comeau staff and I are eager to greet you soon!
Quebec City, Canada
Reviewed 10 November 2012

This is your regular Quebec Comfort Inn, but the venue is a bit smaller than the standard Comfort Inn properties.

They are not really located in Baie-Comeau but in the former towm of Haute-Rive. It is at least a 15 minute drive from the ferry. It is nicely located, with many restaurants around and shopping center.

The room was clean, and spacious. The breakfast was ok.

The internet access was unreliable and kept shutting down. I was told that the hotel was booked too the rim and that the internet couldn't keep up.

The main problem was the price. I paid more than a room at the Hilton in Montreal, for this room in Baie-Comeau. I believe they are trying to take too much advantage of an economic boom in that area. My recommendation would be to shop around before booking there.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank SamuelChamplain
I am glad you enjoyed your stay here. Our privilege location allows you to access easily many restaurants and other businesses quickly. I have looked to solve our connectivity issues with our internet service provider, solutions have been put in place to help enhance connectivity. I hope you will stay in Comfort Inn Baie-Comeau again in a near future, so you can notice the difference.
Sincerly yours.
Guelph, Canada
Reviewed 11 August 2012

Small Inn, small town. Very friendly staff and easy to find location. Rooms are small but clean and comfortable after a long day on the motorcycle. Continental breakfast was okay- we had to take a tray and fill it and take it back to our room... but it was all tasty and filling.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Diane W
I am very happy that you enjoyed you stay. We are eager to greet you again in a near future. The Comfort Inn Baie-Comeau staff values your well being during your stays.
Montreal
Reviewed 10 February 2012

Enjoyed staying at this Comfort Inn. Hotel was clean - comfortable - employees were all very friendly. Nice to be able to check-in and use the free internet that works well. I did enjoy the continental breakfast. I will definetely go back next time I am in the area.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Joyce G, General Manager at Comfort Inn Baie-Comeau, responded to this review, 15 February 2012
The Comfort Inn Baie-Comeau is pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay at our property. We are glad that our services suited you and that you were well attended by our staff. Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and we look forward to your next stay with us!
annapolis
Reviewed 23 August 2010

The inn isn't as bad as the other reviews make it sound. It was the only room left in the city, so we took it with great trepidation. Our room was CLEAN -- no hairs, no filth and linens were clean. Carpets in the hallway are stained, but our room was fine. Breakfast was okay -- very inconsistant (only hard boiled eggs and cheese one day), no yogurt, however they did have fruit, cereal toast, muffins, etc. Don't be afraid to stay here.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
I am pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. The housekeepeing staff is making its every day priority to keep all rooms clean so you can rest peace at mind. I hope to greet you again at our hotel in a near future.
NL
Reviewed 17 August 2009

I would not recommend staying at this hotel. There were hairs left in the bathroom, in the shower, on the towels, & found one on our pillow. It was so gross! We had our 3 year old daughter with us and I had to scrub the tub out at 10 o'clock at night for her to have a bath. Then I checked my credit card statement when I got home and they charged us for our stay twice! AND for two different amounts????? My sister had reservations for the next evening and said it was the exact same way in her room.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank chardy1977
Manon F, General Manager at Comfort Inn Baie-Comeau, responded to this review, 12 December 2012
Dear guest:
First I would like to thank you for using TripAdvisor. It is guest feedback that encourages us to improve in areas that did not meet and exeeded expectations. I appreciate you bringing to my attention the unpleaseant experience you had at our hotel.

From your comments, the level of cleaning was clearly not acceptable and we are most embarassed by our performance. As a result of this incident, improved Housekeeping procedures were implemented to ensure that we learn from this opportunity and to reinforce our preventative maintenance targets.

I am sorry to hear that you were billed twice for your stay. If it has not been done already, I would encourage you to contact me or my Assistant General Manager to find out what happened at check-out time and to fnd a solution to this situation. Such feedback is shared and discussed with the team to ensure we learn from, and proavtively address, any service issue.

Again, please accept our apologies for a less than perfect stay and we hope that you will return again for an experience that exeeds all of your expectations.