“Highly recommend” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Beaver Motel

Beaver Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Wawa
Beaver Motel
Ranked #11 of 13 Hotels in Wawa
Midland, Canada
“Highly recommend”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2012

I spent two very pleasant nights at the Beaver Motel. The rooms are very clean and quiet, no smell of smoke, as previously indicated. The owners and housekeeping staff were extremely accommodating. There are several restaurants within walking distance. They also have onsite National Car Rental. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again, and would highly recommend the Beaver Hotel to other travellers.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Doug B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Timmins, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2012

I don't know what people are talking about with rooms smelling like smoke. We didn't have that problem at all! Although I was told its under new owners and it looked recently renovated...so that might have something to do with it. The bathroom was huge and the shower was great. No complains here. Would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 102 which is located in the back and off the main road. Its the only room back th...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Northerncowgirl
Toronto
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2012

Stayed one night before wilderness fishing trip, room was very clean, fresh smelling, had a very peacfull night. Room had all the comfort you need for a short stay very clean bath/shower. I was given a discounted rate by mentioning we were flying with Hawk Air. reception was friendly and welcoming and gave good local info on where to dine and eat breakfast. You will not be dissapointed.

Room Tip: rear facing rooms back onto residential road very little traffic,noise.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
Marathon, Ontario, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2012

I stayed at the Beaver Motel last Saturday night. They gave me a non smoking room on the main floor and all I could smell in the room and when I walked into the motel was cigarettes. I asked to be moved to the top floor, also in a non smoking room and it was the same thing. I also found a hair on the toilet between the lid and the seat and another very long hair between my face cloth and hand towel. I have short hair so it wasn't mine. On the plus side, the owners of the hotel are very pleasant, but I won't be staying there again.

Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
Sudbury, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2012

We stayed there after the Wawa Motor Inn would not rent us 2 rooms because we were from a hockey team participating in a tournament in Wawa. We saved about $60.00 a night/ for 2 rooms, by staying at the Beaver. The owner was really friendly and we enjoyed seeing the cute kitty.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank iwantmore2011
Cold Spring, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2011

My husband and I were looking for a cheap motel for the night and we got more than we paid for. We were on a circle tour of Lake Superior, so we had our fill of cheap hotels on this trip. The thing that struck me about the Beaver was how CLEAN our room was. There wasn't even a speck of dirt in the corners of the bathroom floor! When I'm paying attention to detail and I see this level, it is worth writing about. Yes, the rooms are small and the bed wasn't brand new, but there were plenty of good pillows and blankets. This can't be the Taj Mahal, but if your looking for clean, cheap and safe accommodations, you've come to the right place.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank therealQueenBee
Detroit, Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2009

I stayed at the Beaver Motel on my way home from Michigan. The motel is old but the rooms have probably been renovated in the past 5 years or so. The one problem I had with this motel was the smell of cigarette smoke. Even though I had a room on the second floor which was totally non-smoking, I could still smell the strong odour of smoke. It was overwhelming and I'm not exaggerating. Other than that, for the price ($59/night) it was okay.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled solo