“Very Nice!”
Review of The Wawa Motor Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Wawa
The Wawa Motor Inn
Ranked #7 of 13 Hotels in Wawa
Vancouver, Canada
“Very Nice!”
Reviewed 30 November 2013

After an exhausting and treacherous winter road trip from Ottawa, we arrived here hoping that they had a vacancy and also allowed pets because we have our cat with us. We lucked out and they had a pt friendly room available! At first I was kinda bummed out that our room was in a separate cluster of rooms detached from the main building, but when we got into our room I was so shocked by how gorgeous it is!! It is just like a little log cabin. Very quiet and warm. The shower had amazing water pressure. Everything is very clean. Pretty good internet connection. Beds at first seemed a little flimsy and too firm but it turned out they were actually super comfy and we actually both had an amazing sleep. I really have no complaints at all with this place!! Thanks Wawa Motor Inn for the great stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the "log village"
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 14 November 2013

Compared to elsewhere in Wawa this is probably a good place to stay. Very basic hotel/motel. Seemed clean. Large but empty, outdated room. Good TV. Lumpy pillows and beds that were slightly comfortable. Hated the heat system where the options were "on and off" rather than being able to set it to a specific temperature.

The restaurant and continental breakfast were really unimpressive. Kind of gross.

Was also concerned about all the signs and notes around about making sure you don't leave stuff in your car and don't let people into your room etc. Yet the room door didn't even have a peep hole. Made me worried about security at the hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank stilleok
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 23 October 2013

We recently stayed here on our trip from Ottawa to Calgary. There were other motels in the area, which I'm sure were cheaper, but this motel is large everything you need for a comfortable short stay is there. The room was much like a hotel chain - quite large with a nice bathroom. With 2 entrances, one leading to a hallway to the front desk, bar, gym, public computer, soda machines, and restaurant and bar.

We ate in the dining room - 2 steak sandwiches and salads, a pint and a ginger ale came to $41.34. It was nice and rustic with wood beams and a nice fireplace. The bar attached looked dark and typical.

The room with one queen sized bed - $111.87

Continental breakfast was included which was pretty typical

The customer service was horrible. When we were in the middle of checking in, a lady who worked in the restaurant approached the desk and interrupted the employee who was helping us asking for some sort of receipts which was annoying, and the staff spoke amongst themselves which also annoyed me.

So it was expensive, but comfortable and the customer service lacked.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank TMH T
Atikokan, Canada
Reviewed 10 October 2013

The price was high, considering it is your basic small town hotels. We were charged an extra $10 bucks per person which meant the rooms were like $140 for a room of four. However, because we booked multiple rooms the manager was nice enough to give a bit of discount, which was greatly appreciated.

- The room was clean and comfy.
- The staff was helpful.
- The restaurant was pricey but had good food.

Conclusion:
Find a better bang for your buck. Down the road is The Bristol, if your looking for a cozy little stay at a reasonable price, it does the job.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Ottawa, ON
Reviewed 30 September 2013 via mobile

We spent one night here on our drive from Ottawa to Edmonton. We arrived around 9:30 pm and left early the next morning. It's a basic road side motel. It was clean, well kept and comfortable. Yes it's a bit dated but the location is convenient and there aren't many choices in the area. The price was a bit high ($104 + tax) but there isn't much else to choose from late at night

Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Thunder Bay
Reviewed 30 September 2013

Stayed here 4 nights with work. They charged $84.00 per night.

I've stayed here a few times over the years. This is definitely an acceptable choice for Wawa, although I haven't tried any other hotels in Wawa yet.

The room was clean and reasonably spacious (2 double beds). All was fine in the bathroom, good water pressure, although they had the combined fan/light on one switch, which is a pet peeve of mine (I don't necessarily need a noisy bathroom fan running every time I use the bathroom!). There was a flat screen TV in the room. The heat was a below-the-window unit with dial heat setting, but I was able to adjust the temperature fairly quickly to a satisfactory setting. There was Wifi, but it wasn't working very well on my laptop. The lobby area is quite nice, with very clean lobby bathrooms. The restaurant and bar are both quite big and both were quite good, although it soumded like they would be closed for a while as someone else took over running the restaurant and bar. All in all a nice stay and reasonably priced, so I will be back.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed 26 September 2013

I'll start by saying that I would never, ever stay in any type of motel, but unfortunately there is literally NOTHING between Sault St.Marie and Thunder Bay that exceeds a 1 star.

I checked in to the horrifying room price of 114.00 for the night. It was 1:00am and travelling with children, it was too late to go anywhere else. I could barely hear my room rate from the front desk person due to the noise in the bar, yelling, swearing, etc.

Room: You drive up and park at your door. Typical motel style. The room is dated, smelly, and the carpet has some sort of sticky film on it. There are ripped up rags in case you need them for your quad or snowmobile apparently... there's also matching ones that are labelled for make up removal. The white ones don't have labelled uses, so I guess you can use your imagination.

There was a ridiculously noisy mini fridge and a coffee maker, circa 1843. It made 1.5 cups of coffee and the coffee wasn't very good. I had creamer in my little travel cooler to mask the taste of the coffee/coffee maker.

My favourite part was the trucker population staring at us as we packed our car and left, laughing to stop ourselves from crying.

The person in front of me at checkout had a total room charge of 78.00. Mine was over 120.00.

Room Tip: Sleep in vehicle or ditch.
Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends