“friendly place”

Embassy Restaurant & Tavern
Ranked #4 of 14 Restaurants in Wawa
Cuisines: Canadian
Good for: Groups, Kids, Child-friendly, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Plattsville, Ont
“friendly place”
Reviewed 15 July 2013

We took my brother there and we both had the fish and chips which was very plentiful and tasty. My husband had the hot hamburger sandwich which was overdone. They all came with soup which was very good. My brother and I had the beef barley and my husband had the broccoli.

Sarnia, Ontario
“Good breakfast, friendly staff..”
Reviewed 13 July 2013

Enjoyed breakfast here one morning on way through Wawa. Had been recommended by hotel clerk and I enjoyed my breakfast here, finding the waitress and other patrons all quite friendly. Would love to try a dinner here, Would definately eat here again.

Visited July 2013
“Wish we could have tried the Fabulous homemade food.”
Reviewed 7 July 2013

After a long trip taking my daughter to Lakehead University this week we
decided to stay in Wawa as it was half way in our trip from Sudbury. We stayed at a beautiful Cottage 2 days this week and the owners told us the very best place to eat was at The Embassy. So going down we attempted to eat but they were really really busy, which is a good sign. So we didn't stop there going down but coming back we vowed to stop there!
We were told the best place in Wawa hands down was the Embassy downtown. Everything is homemade! So We walked in and they were finishing up the breakfast rush. We were greeted and given coffee while we decided on what to eat I took a few pictures of the homey looking retro old school feel inside.
We got there at about 11:15am order went in at 11:25am or so. The waitress that we had was very polite and welcoming. We joked with her and she joked back. She took our order and the wait began. About 40 minutes or so she came by to refill our coffees and apologized for the wait. Waiting was excruciating my husband and daughter were getting restless as we still had a eight hour drive home. We waited and another 40 minutes pass. I saw our waitress leave and didnt make much of it because USUALLY other waitress's pick up the slack, but that's not the case. We started seeing people that came in after us getting their food, finishing and leaving, we also saw other section with a short hair blonde waitress had a few locals come in and get their food before us. So hubby made the choice to leave and trust me when I say this., HE NEVER HAS DONE THAT. I'm usually the trouble shooter.
We walk up to pay and the other waitress asked why we were leaving and all hell broke loose. I told her we had been here for two hours and still had not gotten our food. The blonde at the cash then pipped up telling us that our waitress left to go to her other job. I said okay so? So your waitress leaves & your on your own? We've been here two almost two and a half hours and haven't been served. She said there was two really big tables come in, but again we ordered BEFORE them as did other tables that came in after them and they got their food!? She then got smart and told the other waitress to go cancel the bill. But the way she said it was like really nasty, then she said we haven't eaten either, we've been here and opened since 5am and we had not had any food! Again NOT OUR PROBLEM! We were paying customers. Tourists that walked into your restaurant because we were told it was an awesome place to get home made scratch food. No I'm sorry let me go check on your ticket just got a really nasty run of ridiculous excuses as to why we had been there for 2-21/2 hours with only one fill of coffee.
I just walked out because by this point my blood was boiling and I knew if I said anything back to her it wouldn't be good, so hubby hands me the keys and said ill pay the bill.
Now as a business owner I know from time to time there are bad days.. But this waitress was just
Miserable with us trying to make like it was our faults that she had not eaten today. That it was my fault we had sat there and waited patiently all this time. There was no I'm sorry for the wait, let me see what's the hold up, no trying to keep the customer in the restaurant. I'm sad that this woman just caused me to write this
Entry. Your establishment is funded not only thru locals but travelers that come in, for the next 6 years we will be making the 16 hour trek due to our daughter attending Lakehead University. We will NEVER grace the doors if your establishment, nor will I tell anyone about the fabulous homestyle cooking because we didnt even get to try it. You only get one chance to make a good impression. This was a fail. In my experience if you see a new face you should go out of your way to welcome them, bend over backwards to impress them. If this was my establishment I would make heads roll over this

2 Thank 2boyz1girlmom
Sault Ste. Marie
“Great home cooking”
Reviewed 23 January 2013

The servers are always pleasant and welcoming. Our meals were prepared quickly and to our liking. Portions are generous b

1 Thank terrrr
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
“Good Plain food”
Reviewed 12 October 2012

Nothing fancy here, but all good food and has been very reliably so for many years. We've been to the Wawa area several times over the years and always make a point of stopping here.

Visited September 2012