My husband and I just spent a week on Vancouver Island, with our last two nights in Sooke (following Tofino). I couldn't recommend Sooke Harbour House more highly - we were so warmly welcomed, with a handwritten personal note congratulating us along with truffles in the room. And because I had requested an upgrade at time of booking and they happened to have one available, we were upgraded to the Thunderbird Room which was AMAZING. Huge balcony (or shall I call it a deck?!) looking out onto the water on the top level with a huge soaker tub and two chaise lounges. The room itself was just so unique and interesting - awesome comfy bed, bathroom with a big shower room with picture window, an old fashioned tub outside near the bed, a living room area, a little bar area, a real fireplace (was nice to get away from those gas ones!), and tons of interesting art and even a big tree and skylights. It was super quiet - very private too - and we loved the breakfast brought to our room each morning (delicious pastries still warm, yogurt and homemade granola etc). Even in other rooms you won't go wrong - we took a look around and one is VERY different with unique decor and setup, and so many cool little touches. And of course soaking tubs and views! The morning is particularly interesting to hang out on the balcony and watch all the birds and other wildlife. My one suggestion at least for our room is that they include a binoculars so that we can see things a bit better!
The rest of the grounds were awesome - very colorful and peaceful, we loved having a bottle of wine down by the water on comfy chairs off to the side, was so secluded and quiet. Probably helped that the weather was particularly perfect during our stay!
The restaurant was pretty good - wasn't blown away by the food (esp the dessert I chose) but it was very enjoyable and it had lovely views - and great value if you get their three course or four course special. We weren't as impressed with room service but we only ordered soup (which came with stale bread and just wasn't worth the price) so perhaps it wasn't a really fair try.
We only had one full day here so we didn't explore Sooke much before flying out of Victoria - but I would definitely come back to Sooke, if nothing else to simply visit the hotel again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sooke Harbour House Resort Hotel is located on Southern Vancouver Island overlooking the Pacific Ocean and Olympic Mountains, and has direct beach access to Whiffin Spit on the Juan de Fuca Strait. Our unique 28 rooms feature a selection of fine amenities including spa tubs and steam showers. All of the guest rooms have wood-burning fireplaces and ocean views, with the exception of the very spacious family room which overlooks our garden area. The internationally award-winning fine -dining restaurant serves organic, seasonal, Canadian cuisine, specializing in wild seafood, mushrooms, herbs, and flowers from its organic gardens. We offer meeting facilities, spa services, recreational activities and eco-tourism in pristine wilderness. Whale watching can be enjoyed within walking distance, and on occasion the Orcas swim in front of the hotel! The Sooke Harbour House is a perfect destination for weddings, romantic holidays and an 'any season getaway'. In 2016 all 28 guest rooms were sympathetically renovated with new carpets, beds, luxury linens and 40 inch flat screens with cable tv. In September 2016 we opened our wonderful new Copper Room, featuring a large selection of Island produced craft beers, wines and spirits as well as international favourites. The Copper Room is open from 11:00am to 9:00pm year-round daily, serving a more casual menu of wholesome and hearty foods as an alternative to our fine dining. *** Please note: From 18th October until May 31st our fine-dining restaurant is closed every Tuesday and Wednesday. It is open for dinner Thursday to Monday from 5.30pm to 9.00pm. Throughout the high season the fine dining restaurant is open 7 days a week for dinner. The Copper Room is open daily serving food and beverages making Sooke Harbour House a full service resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Sooke Harbour House Resort Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sooke Harbour House Hotel Sooke
- Sooke Harbour Hotel
- Sooke Harbour House Resort Hotel Canada - Vancouver Island