Just wanted to post a review of the Sooke Harbour House after reading some previously negative reviews.
We were married there September 2nd 2005 and our experience was magical and fantastic.
Our experience with the staff,everyone from the special events co-ordinators to their service staff, was excellent. We found they even bent over backwards to aid us in creating our own unique,personal wedding ceremony and reception that was reflective of our personalities.
The grounds are lovely with gardens in full bloom overlooking the ocean with an Olympic Mountain backdrop. As a wedding ceremony spot,it was magical for it's intimacy and beauty. As a getaway "sit spot" it's serene.
As far as the restaurant is concerned, I can only say that our dinner was fabulous. A truely extraordinary experience! Salads are made with edible flowers from their gardens that burst with color and pleasing flavors. The following courses were so artfully presented with stunning creativity and composition, it almost seemed a shame to dig in, but OHHHH, when you did!
The Sooke Harbour House delights the senses visually not only through it's lovely natural surroundings, the entire Inn and it's rooms are adorned with works by local artists, making every room unique. We spent our wedding night in room 5 (if you can call it a room...more like an appartment) and the details in the room are gorgeous. Views from the rooms are stunning!
We had the most wonderful experience there and I would reccomend it to anyone considering the Sooke Harbour House for a wedding, but also for anyone craving a little slice of heaven.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sooke Harbour House Resort Hotel is located on Southern Vancouver Island overlooking the Pacific Ocean and Olympic Mountains, and has direct beach access to Whiffin Spit on the Juan de Fuca Strait. Our unique 28 rooms feature a selection of fine amenities including spa tubs and steam showers. All of the guest rooms have wood-burning fireplaces and ocean views, with the exception of the very spacious family room which overlooks our garden area. The internationally award-winning fine -dining restaurant serves organic, seasonal, Canadian cuisine, specializing in wild seafood, mushrooms, herbs, and flowers from its organic gardens. We offer meeting facilities, spa services, recreational activities and eco-tourism in pristine wilderness. Whale watching can be enjoyed within walking distance, and on occasion the Orcas swim in front of the hotel! The Sooke Harbour House is a perfect destination for weddings, romantic holidays and an 'any season getaway'. In 2016 all 28 guest rooms were sympathetically renovated with new carpets, beds, luxury linens and 40 inch flat screens with cable tv. In September 2016 we opened our wonderful new Copper Room, featuring a large selection of Island produced craft beers, wines and spirits as well as international favourites. The Copper Room is open from 11:00am to 9:00pm year-round daily, serving a more casual menu of wholesome and hearty foods as an alternative to our fine dining. *** Please note: From 18th October until May 31st our fine-dining restaurant is closed every Tuesday and Wednesday. It is open for dinner Thursday to Monday from 5.30pm to 9.00pm. Throughout the high season the fine dining restaurant is open 7 days a week for dinner. The Copper Room is open daily serving food and beverages making Sooke Harbour House a full service resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, Priceline, Booking.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Sooke Harbour House Resort Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sooke Harbour House Hotel Sooke
- Sooke Harbour Hotel
- Sooke Harbour House Resort Hotel Canada - Vancouver Island