I stayed in this lovely hotel a couple of weeks ago with the aim of finding some peace of mind and as a little treat for my birthday; and I must confess I couldn't have chosen a better place to do it! Sooke itself is lovely, but this romantic hotel is indeed far beyond loveliness. Not only are the location and the house beautiful, but the gardens, the views, and the service are amazing and all the little details are perfectly taken care of so that you are ensured an unforgettable experience. All of this makes it a must place to stay!
The whole house is beautifully decorated with local art work, which you can purchase if interested. Every single room has a different theme, which is nicely set out, and the fact that you can take a bath, go to sleep and wake up to the sound of waves makes it even more irresistibly charming. Not to mention the perfectly located benches all around the house upon which you can write, read or just sit down and enjoy a relaxing moment.
If you are looking for a closer encounter with nature, you can also walk around the thin end and look at the navy blue ocean or choose the rocky shore. While hopping from one rock to another you can see the birds, seals and otters that surround the area, and; if you are lucky enough, you may find a friendly one who has come for a refreshing drink at one of the fountains near the restaurant while you are having dinner!
As if there weren't enough reasons to check this place out already, the restaurant is another totally unforgettable experience. Besides boasting a wonderful view, all the ingredients are locally produced which means good karma for everyone and ensures that the food quality is at its best. I got to try many delightful foods from freshly cut garden flowers to cheese, meat and even a lavender sherbet! Wine and service exceed expectation.. amazing! The entire staff, not only the restaurant staff who happened to greet me and even have a conversation in Spanish (my native tongue); are incredibly nice; they all make sure you are comfortable and make you feel at home, without being the least bit intrusive.
Finally, my room (The bird's watcher) was equipped with two bath tubs, one inside and the other outside. Complimentary lavender bath salts, good music, cookies and port were provided; as were a couple of nice and fun to read books including a visitor's one which was really nice to read by my just lit fireplace! One of the beds faced the ocean so you can fall asleep looking at its splendour and wake up to have your freshly made breakfast in your very own room!
Definitely worth experiencing it! It doesn't matter what kind of getaway you are looking for: romantic, family, relaxing, solo; you won't regret indulging yourself in this charming experience; I cannot wait to go back again one day!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sooke Harbour House Resort Hotel is located on Southern Vancouver Island overlooking the Pacific Ocean and Olympic Mountains, and has direct beach access to Whiffin Spit on the Juan de Fuca Strait. Our unique 28 rooms feature a selection of fine amenities including spa tubs and steam showers. All of the guest rooms have wood-burning fireplaces and ocean views, with the exception of the very spacious family room which overlooks our garden area. The internationally award-winning fine -dining restaurant serves organic, seasonal, Canadian cuisine, specializing in wild seafood, mushrooms, herbs, and flowers from its organic gardens. We offer meeting facilities, spa services, recreational activities and eco-tourism in pristine wilderness. Whale watching can be enjoyed within walking distance, and on occasion the Orcas swim in front of the hotel! The Sooke Harbour House is a perfect destination for weddings, romantic holidays and an 'any season getaway'. In 2016 all 28 guest rooms were sympathetically renovated with new carpets, beds, luxury linens and 40 inch flat screens with cable tv. In September 2016 we opened our wonderful new Copper Room, featuring a large selection of Island produced craft beers, wines and spirits as well as international favourites. The Copper Room is open from 11:00am to 9:00pm year-round daily, serving a more casual menu of wholesome and hearty foods as an alternative to our fine dining. *** Please note: From 18th October until May 31st our fine-dining restaurant is closed every Tuesday and Wednesday. It is open for dinner Thursday to Monday from 5.30pm to 9.00pm. Throughout the high season the fine dining restaurant is open 7 days a week for dinner. The Copper Room is open daily serving food and beverages making Sooke Harbour House a full service resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Sooke Harbour House Resort Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sooke Harbour House Hotel Sooke
- Sooke Harbour Hotel
- Sooke Harbour House Resort Hotel Canada - Vancouver Island