We stayed at Sooke Harbour House April 20, 2007 in one of the high-end Executive rooms. The view was lovely but attention to detail in the room was sorely lacking. The worst part for me was lack of cleanliness - there was hair in the bathtub, the make-up mirror was covered with dust, the mirror over the sink was spotted/dirty, the floor in the bathroom was dirty, the walls were marked/scuffed in many places, many surfaces were dusty, just to name a few issues. The decor is in need of an update; as one previous reviewer stated, it is "tired" AND the room was very expensive ($430 CAD). I would recommend that they provide bottled or filtered water as the tap water is rather yellow colored. Staff hospitality ranged from good to just barely adequate.
On the up side, dinner was nice, the food was good and the views from the dining room were lovely. Be aware, you only get two choices for each of the three courses and it is also very expensive ($330 CAD for two with a bottle of wine and dessert). Breakfast is served in the room at a pre-requested time with several selections of food, which was very nice. The art gallery in the hallways and the pieces in the room were a real treat!
Overall, due to high price + lack of cleanliness, I just cannot recommend the Harbour House.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sooke Harbour House Resort Hotel is located on Southern Vancouver Island overlooking the Pacific Ocean and Olympic Mountains, and has direct beach access to Whiffin Spit on the Juan de Fuca Strait. Our unique 28 rooms feature a selection of fine amenities including spa tubs and steam showers. All of the guest rooms have wood-burning fireplaces and ocean views, with the exception of the very spacious family room which overlooks our garden area. The internationally award-winning fine -dining restaurant serves organic, seasonal, Canadian cuisine, specializing in wild seafood, mushrooms, herbs, and flowers from its organic gardens. We offer meeting facilities, spa services, recreational activities and eco-tourism in pristine wilderness. Whale watching can be enjoyed within walking distance, and on occasion the Orcas swim in front of the hotel! The Sooke Harbour House is a perfect destination for weddings, romantic holidays and an 'any season getaway'. In 2016 all 28 guest rooms were sympathetically renovated with new carpets, beds, luxury linens and 40 inch flat screens with cable tv. In September 2016 we opened our wonderful new Copper Room, featuring a large selection of Island produced craft beers, wines and spirits as well as international favourites. The Copper Room is open from 11:00am to 9:00pm year-round daily, serving a more casual menu of wholesome and hearty foods as an alternative to our fine dining. *** Please note: From 18th October until May 31st our fine-dining restaurant is closed every Tuesday and Wednesday. It is open for dinner Thursday to Monday from 5.30pm to 9.00pm. Throughout the high season the fine dining restaurant is open 7 days a week for dinner. The Copper Room is open daily serving food and beverages making Sooke Harbour House a full service resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Sooke Harbour House Resort Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sooke Harbour House Hotel Sooke
- Sooke Harbour Hotel
- Sooke Harbour House Resort Hotel Canada - Vancouver Island