Prestige Oceanfront Resort, BW Premier Collection
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
English Inn(Esquimalt)
Surf Motel(Victoria)
View Hotel
All reviewsbeautiful hotelpool and hot tubthe west coast grillhigh ceilingsboat launchcoffee barhighly recommend this hotelfront desk staffhotel restaurantking roomwater viewsooke harbourrooms are largedowntown victoriavancouver islandbeautiful viewbed was very comfortable
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 March 2014

Attended a wedding at the Prestige on the weekend, and we booked a room so we didn't have to drive down to Victoria late at night. This is our second stay here and it again didn't disappoint.

The room was spacious and very clean. We had a king size bed and a large balcony over looking the ocean. A sitting area with a couch and a desk. It also had a very large shower but no bathtub. Our room was great and no complaints. Although no privacy on the balcony from neighbours due to the u shaped layout of the building. The bed was very comfortable and the pillows were also pretty good.

We checked out some of our friends rooms and they were much smaller with queen beds and no balconies, although they did have bathtubs. If you want a spacious room and a view with a balcony make sure to ask for it and pay the price! But if a bathtub is a must, then keep a smaller room.

The hotel handled the wedding beautifully and it seemed seamless as a guest. If anything went haywire behind the scenes I had no idea (although during the setup the day before there was no power due to an eagle hitting the power lines - only in Sooke!)

The staff were friendly and had ice water at the front the next day which was great as the wedding guests staggered down to checkout.

This was a great stay and my husband and I may use this place as our new get away for a night retreat, but we will always want the ocean front suite room to make it a standout place.

They have a Ric's restaurant on site and a spa but we didn't use.

I would have given this place 5 stars, but the building design just doesn't capitalize on the beautiful scenery and it is a shame that balconies aren't standard for every room.

Room Tip: Not all rooms have balconies and views. Make sure to request and pay the price. it is worth it.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Allyalexmch
Reviewed 18 March 2014

I do business quite often in Victoria and need to get away from the city at night. The BW Prestige Oceanfront resort is about 25min from town but well worth the drive each day. It is new, modern and offers a resort-style atmosphere for business class pricing. They also have a EV charging station that I took advantage of.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed 14 March 2014

We wanted to explore the Sooke area and the coast road up to Port Renfrew. We looked for a hotel in Sooke and found the Best Western Premier Prestige Oceanfront Resort. Well, what a surprise to find such a beautiful, upscale hotel in little Sooke. It sits right on the waterfront so the views are amazing. Everything about this hotel was first class. They even had a dog bed and water dish waiting for us when we arrived at our room (we were travelling with our Sheltie). Everyone we met in the hotel was super friendly and did all they could to make our stay a joy. We will come again!

Room Tip: When travelling with a pet you can book a "partial ocean view" room but with a large balcony outside the door, the view is still amazing.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 March 2014

Great pre-spring getaway. This location had every thing we wanted. Wonderful scenery and rooms and facilities were excellent. Very, very good value for the price. We would highly recommend this facility for personal or business travel.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed 13 March 2014

My husband and I love Sooke, and when this hotel posted a deal on the Groupon site we thought we'd give it a try. I had been out to Victoria on business in November and had driven out to Sooke for the day as I hadn't been there in a few years. When I saw the hotel I was taken aback, as at first glance it doesn't seem to belong, in it's neo-Plantation style. But when we got there this time and walked in to the lobby, I have to admit my feelings were swayed. By the time we went to our room, I was in love. Our main floor room had high ceilings and stunningly beautiful decor, in greys and sea foam greens, and a wood floor! I loved the idea of a wood floor in a hotel room as it felt so much cleaner than carpets, and with our dog along with us we didn't have to worry about muddy paws. They had provided him a bed that he loved, and bowls that we loved. The restaurant was very good; the pool was clean and well kept; and the fitness room was one of the nicest I have ever been in. The extra bonus for us was the service level of all the staff, they really were amazing. We will not hesitate to return to this hotel whenever we are in the Sooke area.

Room Tip: If you don't need a view, the main floor rooms are an excellent value, facing trees, and boasting those gorgeous high ceilings.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business